Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed a 'freshening' of my thrower - scraper blade, shoes, belts, plug, grease/lube, friction wheel, gear/engine oil, differential and all other adjustments. ...So I figure I'd give it a dry run. I started it and ran for maybe 5 seconds then died and would not start again! I took the carb off, cleaned/rebuilt and in the process came across what is shown in the picture below. BUT at the time I just took a pic. I then did a pressure test and was able to verify air escaping by bubbles. Then I did what I thought was a repair using PC7 without having looked at it under magnification. It is only now that the repair is done and I checked my before/after pics at magnification I see that it is NOT a defect....sure looks to me like a purposely drilled hole and maybe I plugged something I shouldn't have. HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN SUCH A THING??

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank goodness knowledgable replies came quick !! PC7 was far from curing and removed and verified it is breathing again LMAO

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Good job doctor, glad you were able to resuscitate the patient.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Clear, it's a good rhythm.

·
Registered
709 Posts
The fun part with those vents is that if the bowl is NOT vented, it becomes air locked and not enough fuel can get in to float the float so it will blow fuel out the main jet. You'll take it apart over and over, swearing and cursing trying to fix the float valve. Ask me how I know :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
See Taryl Dactal's video on YouTube regarding the Tecumseh carbitraitor rebuild. Warning... You need a sense of humour .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts