Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on the Toro site today and OMG some of the Super Recyclers are all black! Looks like the more expensive ones, very shocking but also cool. Better watch out Todd, (Powershift93) the top of the line Toro snowblowers might just copy your color scheme one day!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Was on the Toro site today and OMG some of the Super Recyclers are all black! Looks like the more expensive ones, very shocking but also cool. Better watch out Todd, (Powershift93) the top of the line Toro snowblowers might just copy your color scheme one day!
everything is going to darker colors. cars especially wheels people like darker. my dad was saying when he grew up people with no money had dark or flat black wheels. what was cool was chrome.

i like it but with mowers and snowblowers black is a hard color to keep clean.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
I Don't think they will go Full Gloss Black like Mine. That Flat/Satin Paint is All The Rage Right now. And I like My Stuff to Be Polished to Perfection Just like The LAST RIDE of A Cadillac Hearse. If They had not Dicked Around with the Deck Design and kept the old school set up. Then Maybe, Just Maybe I would RUN Not Walk to Buy a New 1. :eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k::eek:k:

·
Registered
56 Posts
everything is going to darker colors. cars especially wheels people like darker. my dad was saying when he grew up people with no money had dark or flat black wheels. what was cool was chrome.

i like it but with mowers and snowblowers black is a hard color to keep clean.
I hope this blackout fad last longer than the gold emblems on cars in the 1980's. I'm liking this blackout scheme. However, the classic red/white orange/white color scheme for OPE is just traditional and timeless.

If I do get one of these newer black models, I'm going to put a red pinstripe at the bottom edge of the deck just to make it stand out as a "performance package". :smile2: The stickers let the neighbors know that you can mow in the rain, if you wanted to.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Way cool, you can get paid for behaving like a lazy bum!:smile2:
Wouldn't recommend that around here, copperheads would love the deep foliage to hide in, and my wife is of the perhaps unqualified but nonetheless firmly held opinion that the only good bug is a dead bug, pollinating or not.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Hmm, all-black Toro equipment just looks weird to me. What's next, blue Ariens blowers??

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I hope this blackout fad last longer than the gold emblems on cars in the 1980's. I'm liking this blackout scheme. However, the classic red/white orange/white color scheme for OPE is just traditional and timeless.

If I do get one of these newer black models, I'm going to put a red pinstripe at the bottom edge of the deck just to make it stand out as a "performance package". :smile2: The stickers let the neighbors know that you can mow in the rain, if you wanted to.
lol, drop in a KN air filter and high flow exhaust. Super Recycler SS

I’ll be honest, the black just feels wrong.

·
Registered
56 Posts

I'm not warmed up to the matt black, I have to check them out in person. However, high gloss deep black "Darth Vader" version would feels just right.

I'm feeling retro. Hope they bring back the silver cast aluminum mower decks of 1970-1980's that is so common on John Deere SB14 and Honda Master lawnmowers.

I thought this a snowblower forum. How did I get here?

·
Read Only
871 Posts

real world,auto's with gold emblems became of fad in the early 50's and hug around for many decades .

·
Registered
56 Posts
For the first time ever, the Toro Super Recycler are in stock at my local HD. Yes you heard it right, the new black Super Recycler are on the shelves.

It has a textured pebble finish. I think it is powder coated, which I hope it is. That would be tougher and more durable than the painted finished they have on the red ones.

·
Read Only
871 Posts
they are all plastic/powder coated today thanks to epa rules on paint solvents emissions. will it last? IMM i'm doubtful.

·
Read Only
871 Posts
I'm not warmed up to the matt black, I have to check them out in person. However, high gloss deep black "Darth Vader" version would feels just right.

I'm feeling retro. Hope they bring back the silver cast aluminum mower decks of 1970-1980's that is so common on John Deere SB14 and Honda Master lawnmowers.

I thought this a snowblower forum. How did I get here?
if blacks not for you! toro also has red in a few models, some even powered by fj180 kawasaki engines and cast alum decks
https://www.toro.com/en/professional-contractor/commercial-mowers/21-heavy-duty-kawasaki-2-bail-22290s
https://www.toro.com/en/professional-contractor/commercial-mowers

·
Registered
56 Posts

Sounds like a good marketing name.

I'd be honest as well, I'm used to seeing red in OPE that it requires some time for black to grow on me. On the other hand, a black lawnmower in the background of green grass may be harder to get used to.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I thought these commercial ones looked like the Prolines. Looked at them in the stores a couple of years ago. Looks like they will last forever and never wear out. Unfortunately, the weight of these machines would wear me out. The consumer model Toro Super Recycler are a better fit for me. Easier to maneuver, stores compactly, and easy to work on. Love my Toro. I did retrofit them with the metal white wheels from the older commercial Toro/Lawnboy models. I always thought the red Toros with white wheels looked the best.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts