Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Newly joined the site, but Ive visited a bunch of times, while researching different things.

I see a lengthy list of snowblower and snowthrower manufacturers, but Im honestly surprised that "Ransomes" Bob-caT & later iterations aren't amongst them. These machines are quite robust and many are still viable after 30-60 years of service. There are quite a few still around here in New England. I own 2, a 5 hp and a 7hp. Its taken me a few years to gather up just about every bit of information out there, concerning Bob-caT Snowthrowers.

If it is possible to create a "Bob-caT" sub-forum, I will fill it with every bit of info that I have.

Thank You!
Brother Al

Reactions: Eyeboltman

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just curious if this is possible? If you put it up, I will pay to be a member.

Reactions: Eyeboltman

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would really like to have a Bob Cat sub forum with literature and information posted to it.

:wavetowel2:

Reactions: Brother Al

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank You!

These are not obscure machines... They were sold for decades and were "owned" by several companies over the years. They are one of the best snowthrowers/blowers ever made. Ransomes BobcaT made high-grade machines, designed specifically for Commercial Use, so they were designed to be run quite hard for many hours. These snow throwers were one part of their business, the other was lawn care machines. Many BobcaT zero turn lawn mowers kept America's ball fields, parks, and golf courses neat and trim. Ransomes was also contracted to make these for Gravely and Montgomery-Ward for a number of years.

If there is doubt about these machines, I see quite a few owners have posted threads on this site. Also, if you have doubts about the viability of these machines, please see my thread in Introductions. They are not those junky snowthrowers that most people associate "Snowthrower" with.

There are many of these beasts still out there. Resources for information are scattered all over the place... this site would be a logical place to centralize it.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Just curious if this is possible? If you put it up, I will pay to be a member.
Bribery? :white^_^arial^_^0^_

Never had one but I like the name.:)

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
Bribery works for me. It looks like it's going to be added this week.

Just need to get Brother Al to fork over the cash :wavetowel2:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Bribery works for me. It looks like it's going to be added this week.

Just need to get Brother Al to fork over the cash :wavetowel2:
While they are in there, fix the Yamaha......it is not in alphabetical order.:icon_whistling::smiley-confused009:

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
THANK YOU will do!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lifetime Membership Paid

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thank you for the BOB CAT section.

Now where is the Jacobsen section? I worked on alot of those blowers in the 90's as a mechanic as well.

:wavetowel2:

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts
You need to stir up some interest in the Jacobsen camp and then offer to become a supporting member and they get a Mod to ask the Admin :icon_whistling::icon_whistling:
I know they've passed on two sub forums I'm aware of as they didn't think there would be enough interest and don't' want to create one for every brand. We did get an "All Other Brands" where we can put them instead of using the "Maint and Repairs" sub.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did

Reactions: Kiss4aFrog

·
Registered
892 Posts
You need to stir up some interest in the Jacobsen camp and then offer to become a supporting member and they get a Mod to ask the Admin :icon_whistling::icon_whistling:
I know they've passed on two sub forums I'm aware of as they didn't think there would be enough interest and don't' want to create one for every brand. We did get an "All Other Brands" where we can put them instead of using the "Maint and Repairs" sub.
Do we really need a Snow-Joe forum and the Atlas forum, then? :icon_whistling:

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
Do we really need a Snow-Joe forum and the Atlas forum, then? :icon_whistling:
Both of those forums were probably set up when this website was first created, and someone simply used as many snowblower brand names they could think of..(or as many as they could find via google)

I dont mind the Atlas forum, since its a vintage US brand name..although very very obscure. but even though that forum gets low traffic, there is nothing wrong with keeping it..

I dont like the Snow Joe forum though, and IMO I think that one should be deleted...because its the only 100% Chinese brand name in the list of brands, and IMO this forum should not be "endorsing" the Chinese machines, and having the actual sub-forum there suggests an endorsement or approval.
So Im in favor of getting rid of the Snow Joe forum.

Scot

1 - 20 of 20 Posts