Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys this is my 1st post here...

I recently picked up this beast, a 197?'s Bob-Cat Snowthrower. It runs and drives great. It needs new tires/chains & impeller belt.

I can't seem to find much info about them online. Can anyone provide any knowledge about this machine.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Welcome, and there are a few of those snow beasts floating around here. I am sure that someone more knowledgable will chime in, soon enough.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Everything I know is here. Be sure to check in with Steve Waite who I mention. He offers some parts right on Ebay.

They are neat machines, I enjoyed mine when I ran it. Simplicity and Crusader also did paddlewheels but the BobCat & latter Bear Cat machines seem to be the most common survivors.

Pete

·
Registered
109 Posts
It looks to me that it is prior to 1972. The code number on the engine will give you the year,month,day, and plant that the engine was made and it would be close to the manufacture date of the snowthrower. It looks like it's the original engine.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Mine is a 1978 and has the remote chute rotator. Was that an option or does it indicate a later model? The motor # should be stamped into the recoil cover, first two digits of the last set of #'s should be year, I believe. Mine was very hard to see until I sanded down the rust.:smiley-confused009:

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
The remote chute rotator was optional on these machines... on the 1824, advertising says it came standard, along with the tire chains... but Ive seen them without the rotator set-up as well. My 1971 7hp 1824 and my 5hp 820 both have them. I havent seen anything about this feature...yet.
The only options advertised that Ive come across for the Wisconsin Marine machines were size, the electric starter, and the uber-rare Bob-caT Snow Canopy... The ones Ive seen were similar to what all other brands utilized. Bob-caT's were pretty sturdy looking... a Yellow, rubberized-vinyl canopy, supported by aluminum tubes. I saw one on Craigslist a number of years ago. It was missing its aluminum mounting poles and I didnt act fast enough... Lighting doesnt seemed to have occurred until the 80's, as a Crary option...and later with the "Bear-Paw"...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts