Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,891 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Yes, they changed the design several times. I will post up the belt info tomorrow... Im taking a week off starting Feb 8th and plan to tackle my info thread.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
65091 was Bob-caT's part #, but the part number found out there today is not quite the same... side angle is different, hence Steve's 65091A part number...
I found that the Gates 11M1360 Belt is a good replacement... this is the belt I utilized on both of my Bob-caTs... it seems to fit well and engages nicely
The belt measures roughly out to be 7/16" X 53.54" x 60°, slightly tighter than Steve's, but definately has enough slack when not engaged.
The other belt is conventional. Take it to a NAPA and have them measure it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Everyone I am new to the Forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am a Bobcat/Bearcat owner and enthusiast. I have recently purchased all of Steve Waite's inventory of Bobcat/Bearcat parts and machines. I will be able to supply the Auger belt 65091A as soon as they arrive. I will also be able to provide parts. I bought the inventory to keep my own machines running. If I can help anyone out please PM me. I love these machines and swear by their performance.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I was wondering what happened to Steve. His emails were bouncing back from his website email link. Did he decide to get out of the repair business?

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Apparently so... sold his business... Glad to see someone bought it and is keeping the torch lit!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Yankee! Please contact me when you can; send a PM and I'll reach out to you after so we can discuss.

Hello Everyone I am new to the Forum and wanted to introduce myself. I am a Bobcat/Bearcat owner and enthusiast. I have recently purchased all of Steve Waite's inventory of Bobcat/Bearcat parts and machines. I will be able to supply the Auger belt 65091A as soon as they arrive. I will also be able to provide parts. I bought the inventory to keep my own machines running. If I can help anyone out please PM me. I love these machines and swear by their performance.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Did you get any inventory yet? I too would be interested in one of these belts.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi all, I am new here but seeking a belt for my bobcat, seeking part
#65091A.

Thanks everyone!

Mike
JayDee Enterprises Inc. 1-800-989-0162 Ext 21 Ask for Kim.
Belt# SPZ1375 $15.00 + S&H
Been running this belt on my 8 hp for a few years now with no problems. Melvin who owned the place helped me figure out the right belt. RIP Melvin!

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
The SPZ belt is listed as a 38 degree belt. The 11M belt previously mentioned is a 40 degree belt. The proper belt should be a 60 degree belt ( I measured both my original belt and both sheaves, they are 60 degrees!). Those belts will likely work and get the machine running, but they are not correct. Can anyone verify that the 65091A belt is in fact a 60 degree belt, or just one that is the right length?
At this point I think it may be easier to machine the sheaves to 40 degrees? I find it amazing that I cannot find a listing or specs for any 60 degree belts anywhere! You would think that even if it was obsolete that there would still be a listing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
SPZ belt

The SPZ belt is listed as a 38 degree belt. The 11M belt previously mentioned is a 40 degree belt. The proper belt should be a 60 degree belt ( I measured both my original belt and both sheaves, they are 60 degrees!). Those belts will likely work and get the machine running, but they are not correct. Can anyone verify that the 65091A belt is in fact a 60 degree belt, or just one that is the right length?
At this point I think it may be easier to machine the sheaves to 40 degrees? I find it amazing that I cannot find a listing or specs for any 60 degree belts anywhere! You would think that even if it was obsolete that there would still be a listing.
Been running the SPZ1375 for years now. Not one problem!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
You're right. I looked at the belt size 11M is a 40° belt, not a 60°.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive been using a gates 11M1360 optibelt, it's 60° and the same profile as the original. Only difference is it's top cogged and 53.54''. It seems to work fine but wont disengage totally, always a little spinning going on. I've only been able to use it twice this year though. Maybe after a little use it will stretch a little.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
RobV if you read my earlier post, I too use this belt and believed it was a 60°... its listed as a 60° belt in some places, but if you cross reference it on Gates site, it comes up as a 40°.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts