Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have recently decided to sell my Bobcat 8hp model machine. I’ve had this thing for maybe 7 years now and only ran it for one snow season (2 years ago). I was blown away by how well it threw the slush and banks and it seems the heavier the snow, the better it worked. It would just vaporize light snow into a cloud of smoke.

It does pain me to get rid of it but I do need the garage space as I’ve got 4 machines in there now. The old Gilson 8hp and the 8hp Bobcat are the ones I am selling.

I did find a parts machine a few years back for the Bobcat and that’s when I did an engine swap. I swapped the original engine with an exact 8hp Briggs with the 6:1 gear reduction on it. The parts machine was also an 8hp Bobcat that had no drive in it. So I did take a bunch of parts from that machine in addition to the engine. I believe I grabbed the belts, I took the skids since my machine didn’t have any and some additional parts. The swap engine is why I was able to use the machine two years ago.

The original engine I could never get going right. After all this time I’m betting it was just a carburetor issue.

Presently, the Bobcat does need work. The starter clutch needs to be replaced so I can’t start the engine. Also when I used it last year, every time I hit a load the engine would start to surge and eventually die out. I got frustrated and parked it in the garage. I bought a Honda and I told myself that the only way I’d sell the Bobcat and give up on it is if I bought a Honda.

I’m located in Wakefield MA so if anyone here is near me and is interested, please send me a PM. I’d love for this machine to go to someone who finally gets it running right and will use it and take care of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
People won't be complaining about too small of a gas tank. I suspect if someone buys it, they will have to register it in the government's calculation of Strategic Petroleum Reserves once the tank is filled ! LOL

·
Registered
457 Posts
Another Sherman tank looking beast!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This machine was incredible the one season I was able to use it. The only thing that compares is the Honda I bought to replace it. And a Honda was the only way I was going to replace it. Pained me a little to watch it go but the guy who bought it restores these things completely to factory new condition so I’m happy it went to a good home

1 - 5 of 5 Posts