Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts

Have a hunch it is not even the Seller's machine.

He picked it up cheap and is trying to flip it for big $$$ without touching it for fear there's more wrong with it.

Then it becomes the buyers problem, not his

·
Retired Moderator
9,900 Posts
Sounds like he's taken a lot of flack on his firm pricing now that he's added "OBRO". Let's see, what is reasonable for a broken belt, non running machine that you can't test anything on ?? Well maybe the electric starter. I'd rather have something a little more used looking with some rust and working so I know what I'm getting than a 7-8-900 dollar maybe a carb and belt fix it. Maybe the belt broke because the auger box jammed and stripped the gears. Maybe it doesn't start because it has a mouse nest under the engine housing and it ran too hot and cracked the block. Maybe he just wanted to keep it and this way he can show the wife and complain on how everyone want's it for free.

Someone should tell him we aren't a charity either willing to give him way more than it's worth just to support him in the lifestyle to which he thinks he deserves by buying his broken stuff. :2cents:

·
Super Moderator
3,858 Posts
If it worked flawessly and had nothing wrong:
$400 in January, in Maine.
$300 in July.

This actual machine, not running, needs work:
$250 in January.
$150 to $200 tops, in July.

This guy will not be selling this snowblower anytime soon.
Its s nice machine! JD built by Ariens, but even so, its worth what its worth.

Scot

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
22 years old, auger won't drive, and engine doesn't run, but won't take a penny under $900...

https://maine.craigslist.org/grd/d/john-deere-828d-snow-blower/6637022069.html
I agree with this seller somewhat. It's tiring getting offers for a machine sight unseen. The repairs are minor maybe , and i agree with you that maybe he should do these repairs if he wants a good price.

sounds like he is pissed off at his son and the world.

but you never know. someone may give him a good price. it's whatever the market dictates. maybe he should fix it and wait for the snow.

·
Registered
871 Posts
he says its worth a $1000, but he wont spend the "little" money he says it needs to get it running, lol, get a belt and clean the carb is the least he could do.
for "charity"?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts