Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
a bagger? Nice...make sure it's HD because I bet it fills fast with autum tall clippings and leaves
I also got the troy bilt flex aerator attachment that I'm going to be modifying to fit the st824 as well. That should be interesting. But the bag's coming tomorrow.... it's going to be crazy looking lol I got a large aluminum grass catcher meant for commercial mowers haha

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
NIIICE!!!!, hopefully it's easy to empty
I used it today for the first time to try out the mulch plate and bag... Everything works great! It's got a ton of power. The carb on it was not adjustable and I guess running with the air filter was too restrictive so I put on a new carb I had that was adjustable and tuned it and it runs great now. I'm really happy with it. It's totally overkill for my property but this was for fun not practicality. The grass catcher is very easy to empty actually. I have a compost so I just dump it right there and its good. The rear door comes right off so its very ergonomic to dump.

·
Registered
460 Posts
save part numbers so this might be reproduced....It looks like some kind of hot rod walk behind. very nice job, I bet some landscapers who need to get in fenced backyards would be curious.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So far so good! I have a set of turf tires mounted on rims in the mail already.... These xtracs are not great for the lawn.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Got the turf tires and wheels to easily swap between seasons. Gave the wheels a quick paint job today. Gotta look good out there!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Looks great , but I would have gone for wide turf, like off a rear engine rider...It's probably more maneuverable with the narrow rim turf though.but might dig a bit in wet or muddy autumn grass

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Looks great , but I would have gone for wide turf, like off a rear engine rider...It's probably more maneuverable with the narrow rim turf though.but might dig a bit in wet or muddy autumn grass
I thought of that.. But I had to make sure the wheels don't stick out past the deck for the grass catcher. I think these will be ok though. It was hard finding 4 lugs with the right tires, most were 3 lug apparently.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I thought of that.. But I had to make sure the wheels don't stick out past the deck for the grass catcher. I think these will be ok though. It was hard finding 4 lugs with the right tires, most were 3 lug apparently.
did you think about go kart rims , mags?and Carlisle Indian heads?...those might look slick. but those US made Turf savers are nice and should last a lifetime if kept inflated. what size are those and what did you pay? If I had to guess thats abot $75 of wheels and tires these days.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
did you think about go kart rims , mags?and Carlisle Indian heads?...those might look slick. but those US made Turf savers are nice and should last a lifetime if kept inflated. what size are those and what did you pay? If I had to guess thats abot $75 of wheels and tires these days.
Yeah I considered trying to fit something wider but without having anything accessible for me to test fit, I had to buy something used online that I knew would at least fit. Who knows maybe down the road I'll switch it up. These are the same size as the original tires, which was 4.8/4-8. They're about 17" high. And yeah, they were about 75 bucks shipped. I guess that's the going rate. Locally I could buy an entire snowblower for <50 bucks but none of them have 4 lug wheels in the size I needed. It is what it is lol

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Very Nice Good Quality Units. I found some NIB about 5 years ago in R.I.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts