Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never had a walk behind before. I had a farm so I used a tractor but we moved into town and I blew out my back trying to shovel out from the first blizzard.
My wife had to shovel out the second dump of snow. After 20 minutes she told me I had better buy a snowblower or retain a good divorce lawyer so...I went to Owen Sound Home Depot and bought a Toro Power Max 826 OE. Very friendly guy there name of Will helped me out. I looked at Ariens, a little heavy. Honda and Yamaha are beautiful but too pricey.... and I like the plastic. I havent used a metal shovel for 30 years. Too sticky.
My first use put a smile back on my face. :wavetowel2:
Thanks to you guys for all the great posts. It really helped me figure out some things
eg. Even though I have a small area I got a two stage for the two short gravel drives
and got the slightly bigger 250 vs. 200 cc engine for more power at the EOD crud walls.
Electric start 'cos I'm not getting any younger, even tho it started first pull.
Boy will that thing hurl snow...gravel too apparently. I should lower the skid doohickeys a bit I guess.
I'm a little alarmed at the price difference ..$899 US Home Depot but $1348 Canadian Home Depot. that appears to be about $150 more than the exchange rate would suggest! Oh well.:eek:k:a sore wallet beats a sore back I guess.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I got the opposite reaction from the wife when I got my blower. After dealing with a winter of trying to walk down the driveway with crutches she's singing a very different tune

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought my 826 OE in Feb 2013 and it has served me well. Starts and runs great. Hope you have as much success with it as I have with mine.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
congrats buzzy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts