Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper
Linens Fur Font Fashion accessory Bedding

Hi all,

New to Snowblowers.. Moved up to Lake Arrowhead in Southern California a few years ago. We don’t get crazy snow but enough to where I’m tired of digging.. lol. I have a short but steep driveway . After reading such great reviews about the 28 Sho I went with the RapidTrack 24. Haven’t even had a chance to fire it up before I noticed a leak 🤦🏻‍♂️ I can get a wipe off the dipstick that’s yellowish gold. The leaking fluid is definitely more blue. Nothing wet around the engine that I can see. It drips from the bottom rear of the body when I tilt it back. I was told the gear oil is red? Any ideas? I’m going to have to haul it down the hill for warranty work.. Our relationship isn’t off to the greatest start.. 😅😖

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Being brand new, I would probably say factory lube in the belly area underneath as well .....
I spoke with a Tech at Ariens while finding someplace that would service it. I would have hoped they would be aware of factory lube potentially leaking from new machines. I’ll be pretty irritated if I drag it in for service and find out it’s just excess lube.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Put it the service position and remove the belly pan and you should be able to see where the drip is coming from. With the machine being brand spanking new I would take it in and let the dealer find out what is wrong.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
View attachment 196359
View attachment 196362 View attachment 196364 View attachment 196365
Hi all,

New to Snowblowers.. Moved up to Lake Arrowhead in Southern California a few years ago. We don’t get crazy snow but enough to where I’m tired of digging.. lol. I have a short but steep driveway . After reading such great reviews about the 28 Sho I went with the RapidTrack 24. Haven’t even had a chance to fire it up before I noticed a leak 🤦🏻‍♂️ I can get a wipe off the dipstick that’s yellowish gold. The leaking fluid is definitely more blue. Nothing wet around the engine that I can see. It drips from the bottom rear of the body when I tilt it back. I was told the gear oil is red? Any ideas? I’m going to have to haul it down the hill for warranty work.. Our relationship isn’t off to the greatest start.. 😅😖

Thanks
I have taken the belly pan off my 2022 Pro RapidTrak to grease the axle shafts for the drive wheels. Ariens use a blue coloured grease in the nipple on right side of chassis to grease the internal bearings. The grease is excessive and covers the differential, but did not drip out on my machine. I cleaned the excess. There are a lot of steps to remove the pan and once the cold weather returns the "leak" will stop.

Reactions: JJG723

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have taken the belly pan off my 2022 Pro RapidTrak to grease the axle shafts for the drive wheels. Ariens use a blue coloured grease in the nipple on right side of chassis to grease the internal bearings. The grease is excessive and covers the differential, but did not drip out on my machine. I cleaned the excess. There are a lot of steps to remove the pan and once the cold weather returns the "leak" will stop.
Thanks for all the input. I‘m confident you guys are correct about it being factory lube. Saved me a trip dragging it into the service center just to have them tell me it’s factory lube. Here in SoCal places that will service snowblowers are a little harder to find. The closest “Ariens” service center is over 4 hrs away.. lol.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I also would say that it's just excess factory lube dripping do to the summer heat.
This^^^^^^^

After my experience with the selling dealer due to a no start issue. I would NEVER again take it in unless the engine or something blew up. If you're that concerned take the bottom pan off it's not as involved as you think. But it's going to be the grease melting/running due to the temperature

1 - 17 of 17 Posts