Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taryl starts them all up for the month of March.

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts
I cant stand Taryl..I watched maybe half of one video a few years ago, I will never watch another. I know the fake teeth are "supposed" to be funny, but IMO they are just disgusting and grotesque. :icon-thumbsdown:

Donyboy is a million times better. He's the real deal: :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/user/donyboy73

Scot

·
Registered
450 Posts
I cant stand Taryl..I watched maybe half of one video a few years ago, I will never watch another. I know the fake teeth are "supposed" to be funny, but IMO they are just disgusting and grotesque. :icon-thumbsdown:

Donyboy is a million times better. He's the real deal:

Scot
Some of Tarlys 'skits' aren't bad..some are a little long before he gets to the subject though.
But yeah Donny is all about good information and tips in a short amount of time...Donnie's style makes his tips and information easy to remember..Donny for the win there.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Registered
230 Posts
taryl is really good if you can get past the skits, he definitely knows his stuff and it shows in the quality of his videos. mustie1 and donyboy73 are also excellent channels

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
i am with you on this Scot. i can't even bring myself to even attempt to watch this guys video's on youtube. they just seem stupid with the fake teeth. there are a few people on youtube that use to make ok content and now you can't even understand most of what comes out of their mouth. i guess as long as they get people watching their videos and keep getting paychecks from it they probably don't care.

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
This is the first full vid I've watched of Taryl. I've seen some other snippets. He's a bit goofy but I don't really mind. I must say Donyboy73 is so much better, as Scot said. I also enjoy sixtyfive ford's general info vids.

Reactions: aldfam4

·
Premium Member
4,992 Posts
donyboy is my go to guy. mustie1 is interesting but his videos are very long. I like Project Farm for these type of comparisons. Just wish they were shorter also. I usually ask in the comments "who won?"

I haven't gotten to the point where I have so much time to waste with Taryl's videos.

·
Retired Moderator
9,913 Posts

Donyboy is a million times better. He's the real deal: :thumbsup:

Scot
IMHO watching Taryl hurts, it's worse than Dumb & dumber one or two. I just can't do stupid even if he does have some good info in there somewhere, sorry. :sad2:

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I think Taryl's videos are an acquired taste (remember the first time you sipped a beer). In addition to some of the others mentioned in this string, I've enjoyed:

Steve's Small Engine Saloon
Alex S
Eliminator Performance
Doublewide 6

This has nothing to do with small engines but I've found myself fascinated by some of the LockPickingLawyer videos.

·
Super Moderator
3,860 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think these additives will pass the tests because the engines are being started once a month so the beginnings of any corrosion will get sucked up then the carb will be refilled with fuel that was sitting in the fuel line.
I think a 'year later' would be so much better.
Project Farm has one out.. although not quite as complex it did show that alcohol can indeed cause damage.

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
I’m on team taryl, he has lots of high resolution videos that are very useful. He’s not very technical but most of the YouTube repair vids aren’t. I won’t hate on anyone who produces useful content

It’s easy enough to skip the skits and jump into the Repair. Truth is, I appreciate the showmanship.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’m on team taryl, he has lots of high resolution videos that are very useful. He’s not very technical but most of the YouTube repair vids aren’t. I won’t hate on anyone who produces useful content

It’s easy enough to skip the skits and jump into the Repair. Truth is, I appreciate the showmanship.
Yes Taryl can be goofy but he loves what does and has a ton of knowledge to share. I've been to The Portland show before knowing about Taryl and will probably go this year.

·
Registered
579 Posts
taryl is really good if you can get past the skits, he definitely knows his stuff and it shows in the quality of his videos. mustie1 and donyboy73 are also excellent channels
sixtyfiveford, Steve's small engine Saloon and doublewide6 are also excellent channels worth looking at!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
you should probably just update your other thread about this instead of creating a new thread every time he posts a new video. personally i can't even stand watching that guy

1 - 20 of 38 Posts