Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a snowthrower w/ B&S 7.5 Intek Snow engine. It wasn't starting this morning so I ended up draining the the gas in-case it was old and taking off the carb and cleaning it out.

It is a 794587 type carb. I followed a youtube video on how to clean it. That was very straight forward. The engine starts and runs now but it keeps cutting out. I've tried following online instructions for setting/adjusting the idle.

This carb seems to have only 1 screw that is used for adjustment. I tried for hours to get it right, everytime I thought I had it turns out I didn't.

I might just buy a new one...will that come from the factory ready to install? I still have snow to clean so I will try and find one locally.

Any suggestions, BTW it is about 5years old with only 2 seasons use.

·
Registered
200 Posts
First get it run then go full throtle and then adjust that screw one way till it sputters then go the other way till it sputters the go back half the distance and there you go.

·
Registered
18 Posts
...It is a 794587 type carb. I followed a youtube video on how to clean it. That was very straight forward. The engine starts and runs now but it keeps cutting out. I've tried following online instructions for setting/adjusting the idle. This carb seems to have only 1 screw that is used for adjustment. I tried for hours to get it right, everytime I thought I had it turns out I didn't...
Hey rmel99, I have a couple of ideas on this.

There is only one screw adjuster on your carb, and it's for the idle mixture. If the engine starts but cuts out when running at high speed, then the bowl bolt is probably to blame. In addition to holding the float bowl on, it is also the high speed jet. One or two of the tiny holes just above the bolt head are still clogged, or the main jet at the end of this bolt is partially gummed up. The jet is not adjustable, but needs to be completely clean.
Take it out and have a very close look at it and you'll see what I mean.

I hope this helps,

HDNewf

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also, if it stalls, then starts right up again, you might want to check the inlet seat. It's the rubber "O-ring" that th inlet needle seals against. This ethanol fuel is swelling the seat and fuel can't fill the bowl fast enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts