Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the dual plug that comes out of the gt snow series briggs engines....they are both power....ive searched and searched and every universal headlight is a ground with a single power wire running out of it...is there a way to convert the briggs to work with these single wire headlights? or where can u get one with the power wires running out of it?

theres a pic of the plug coming out of the engine...

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
hmmm....I tried using only one of the 2 wires coming out with no luck.....
I'm guessing that you have both sides of the circuit in those two wires, so there wouldn't be any usage of the snowblower frame for part of the circuit. So it should test as 12-20v ac with a meter. Just throw a bridge rectifier, a cap and a super bright led light on it. It should say in the manual what the stator is rated at and if you tell us that we can then give led recommendations.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well...I don't have the manual so I couldn't find the output...but I tried 2 different signal power wire lights with the other wire being the ground....tried them in each side of the engine plug and neither worked.......I cant believe after doing a swap where everything had to be changed, that this is whats being difficult.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its ac and its 12 volts across both wires with the throttle up.....each wire individually to ground is 6 volts roughly...

now what! lol

·
Registered
604 Posts
its ac and its 12 volts across both wires with the throttle up.....each wire individually to ground is 6 volts roughly...

now what! lol
You have a 12 volt circuit in the plug, so if you have lights that are 2 wire then you have no problem. I wouldn't bother trying to get single wire lights to work using this motor, since single wire lights are meant to be used with frame that is the other side of the circuit- SO when you would try and mount your lights then you would be feeding half of an AC circuit through the frame, and possibly shorting out things...
2 wire lighting circuit use 2 wire lights. Please let us know if you have more questions. Pictures are worth a thousand words, so if you have questions regarding your specific issue please post a picture or video if possible.
If you really want some great light, you should look into LED's. Did you call the manufacturer and ask them how many amps your stator is on this motor? I have a ton of options that are LED that are two wire, but the stator amperage output needs to be known so that we don't go over that amperage. Otherwise you can go with a guess of a 1 amp stator which is typically the smallest stator that manufacturers use. You could then go with something like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/QTY-1-TEMCo-Industrial-4-18W-6x-3watt-CREE-LED-Spot-Light-Off-Road-Lamp-Bar-/381043937412?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58b7fd1084&vxp=mtr

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm watching this thread because I have the same issue. I got a new Briggs and iirc the output is 32V DC. I'll check tomorrow (huge storm coming) and let you guys know.

·
Registered
755 Posts
carlb...ur running that led with a 2 wire briggs?
I am not running a two wire briggs. I am running a single wire honda clone. The light does have two leads, on mine i just grounded one wire to the frame and the other runs to the stator output via a micro switch. On yours you would wire one lead through a switch to one of the output wires, the other direct to the second wire coming from the alternator

1 - 20 of 20 Posts