Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided to retire my 30+ year old Ariens (which still runs like a top). Picked this 921038 up for $600. Looks like it's barely been used. Any quirks with this machine that i should be aware of? BTW...not sure why the pics load this way.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Curious, what happened to the 30 year old Ariens? What model?

As far as the photos, just use drag and drop, that is what I do.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Well, I decided to retire my 30+ year old Ariens (which still runs like a top). Picked this 921038 up for $600. Looks like it's barely been used. Any quirks with this machine that i should be aware of? BTW...not sure why the pics load this way.
Very nice machine.

Your new machine has Auto Turn which works much better with the Ariens plastic skid shoes. The steel ones have too much friction that may cause a squirrely movement in a straight line.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Jeeze! Where did you get that thing at for $600!? It's worth almost double! Or more if it is less than 2 years old!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeeze! Where did you get that thing at for $600!? It's worth almost double! Or more if it is less than 2 years old!
Based on model number, I believe it's a 2016. I found it on a local Facebook tag sale site. They originally wanted $850 for it and we haggled a bit. They used it the first year they bought it and sporadically after that...then it sat in their shed. It was quite dusty when I first saw it. But, it cleaned up nice. I wasn't really even looking, but couldn't pass it up :).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts