Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hello orangeputeh,

You did not make a mistake.

You can cut it with water making a fifty fifty mix in a quart spray bottle and coat everything that contacts snow or just the chutes and spouts.
Do this several times letting it dry between coats and then use it on the chutes of your snow mules as needed as that is where it will wear down the fluid film coating at a faster rate.

If your garden gnome is near the snow that is being cleared he will be dodging the snow and hiding in the mailbox as you get rid of it.

Its great for moistening the rubber door gaskets of your car to make them seal better as it helps to bring back the flexibility of the rubber gaskets.
Long story short the driver side door gaskets for my truck are over $400.00 plus tax and shipping and I will be wiping them down with fluid film for quite while.

It would help the rubber tracks on the snow mules too but I would not want to do anything other than putting them on blocks and just dipping a shop towel in a 50-50 mix to coat the cleats and the flat sections and using just a little on the tracks to help prolong the life of the tracks.

No worries, the stuff works very well.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Fluid film is lanolin-based and has a great label declaration, "Fluid Film is a solvent free, lanolin based rust and corrosion inhibitor along with a penetrating lubricant." Non-toxic, non-hazardous are the claims. There are no hazardous solvents in this product! This is in contrast to a lot of the other sprays that keep snow from sticking. Read the label declaration of your favorite snow protectant and look at the solvent profile and at the warnings on the can. Even Dupont's teflon snow ice repellant product reads, "Danger, harmful or fatal if swallowed, Irritant, Extremely Flammable." Arien's Sno-Jet adds "Vapors harmful, Eye, skin and respiratory tract irritant."

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Fluid Film, works great on hedge trimmers too.

Web master, The folks at Fluid Film run lots of promotions and I am sure that they would gladly advertise here too as it would increase their sales.

OH, and before I forget it Fluid Film in the aerosol can is $9.99 at NAPA. If you have the latest coupon you can take 20% off your FF purchase after you buy the NAPA bag for 99 cents.

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just finished up emptying a gallon can on my new truck (Tundra)... Entire chassis, suspension, inside body panels, inner/outer rockers, cab corners... lots of FF love!
did you brush on or use a 50-50 spray? Thanks everyone . I did not know it had other uses. I was going to just use it on the blowers.

does it leave a clear film or is it slightly discolored when dry ?

I want to use it on my show Honda.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Well were in the name of ZEUS are The BLOODY PICS of it there, BROTHER CC. :icon-wwp::icon-wwp::emoticon-south-park
Here's the old black Chevy that I had since new... and I'd still have it if I had known about FF back in 2001!

^^ It was a tough seeing her in the rear view for the last time.

^^ The new girl already made herself right at home!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
did you brush on or use a 50-50 spray? Thanks everyone . I did not know it had other uses. I was going to just use it on the blowers.

does it leave a clear film or is it slightly discolored when dry ?

I want to use it on my show Honda.
I used a similar kit that SMA is demonstrating here:

the wands are great for getting around various parts of the undercarriage.

There is a little "360-tip nozzle" that's available for the cans which I used for getting into the tight spaces like rockers, cab corners, tailgate weep holes and doors.

It seemed to have self-leveled for me. It does have a yellowish tint to it; i went around and sprayed every single fastener and hose clamp. I'll have to take some pictures of what it looks like on the super-white paint that the toyota uses.

·
Premium Member
4,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used a similar kit that SMA is demonstrating here:
video

the wands are great for getting around various parts of the undercarriage.

There is a little "360-tip nozzle" that's available for the cans which I used for getting into the tight spaces like rockers, cab corners, tailgate weep holes and doors.

It seemed to have self-leveled for me. It does have a yellowish tint to it; i went around and sprayed every single fastener and hose clamp. I'll have to take some pictures of what it looks like on the super-white paint that the toyota uses.
how often would you recommend applying a coat to?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hello Orangeputeh,

I would concentrate on the chute and spout. Just dip the clean shop towel in the gallon and coat the chute and spout with a thin coat and let it dry and repeat it as it will dry between coats.

I just spray it on the parts contacting snow out of the can before I start clearing as I have the pups and just spray a little on the paddles and chute as I work if its really nasty crap that has begun to melt

When I use the JD I just spray a few spots and the impeller housing and the chute and then use it. I am still debating buying the spare parts but I do need them. The only issue is the bloody chute and I have to order some slick sheet quickly to line it. I have to find my bag of elevator bolts first :^0-bad leon!!!! and buy some nylock nuts and washers.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
how often would you recommend applying a coat to?
The plan is to give the undercarriage a good washdown & light FF recoat every spring ...then the full sha-bang every fall.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
The plan is to give the undercarriage a good washdown & light FF recoat every spring ...then the full sha-bang every fall.
Is that truck new, new or new used??????????? and if it is new AHHHHHHHHHH YES The Lifestyles of the RICH AND FAMOUS!!! Isn't life just GRAND!!!!!!!!!!!!:bowing::bowing:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Is that truck new, new or new used??????????? and if it is new AHHHHHHHHHH YES The Lifestyles of the RICH AND FAMOUS!!! Isn't life just GRAND!!!!!!!!!!!!:bowing::bowing:
2017 Limited with 11k miles...barely broken in and $10-GRAND cheaper! :cool:

My old man still has his '02 Red Silverado with over 200k... he just dropped 5k getting the rockers, cab corners and wheel wells repaired. Turned out really nice!

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Come to think of it, I remember reading that when they being FF received a user letter from a towns highway department using it on the town trucks they put on the lift and they paint the fifty fifty mix on with a brush or brushes so I would imagine that they would want to stretch out the FF gallons to save money.

SO, I take back saying it can be cut with water and used successfully it should be applied straight on the surface over several coats.

Those sheep must be vacationing in Hawaii by now.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
2017 Limited with 11k miles...barely broken in and $10-GRAND cheaper! :cool:

My old man still has his '02 Red Silverado with over 200k... he just dropped 5k getting the rockers, cab corners and wheel wells repaired. Turned out really nice!
The Red Truck is what I Drive in the Winter. This is my TOY that stays Locked away in zee Garage during the Winter. :eek:mg::emoticon-south-park

1 - 20 of 39 Posts