Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope our members from the Buffalo NY area are ready to go . . . and staying safe . . .
Ecoregion World Map Font Screenshot

Looking forward to any pictures of clearing the epic amounts of snow. It's not even winter yet . . . . :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: Auger1 and uberT

Registered
The Weather Channel people are going nutz with this! I was just watching for a couple minutes to their guy in Hamburg (NY) and they appear to be around 2' this morning. Plow piles much higher. You couldn't see a single vehicle moving in the shots. Sounds like they have a long way to go...

Premium Member
And a coincidence? 8 yr to the day (2014) that the last humongous storm hit Buffalo. Called out their National Guard for that one.

Got a funeral to attend in St Catharines today as well so hopefully it's not going to be that bad there (although the peninsula is supposed to get some as well). My 4x4 should handle it though 馃馃

Retired Moderator
It's not even winter yet . . . . :oops:
Yes it is.. ;) not everywhere, but November is the 1st of five months of winter in Western NY.
The calendar, and the dates on the calendar that say when seasons start, are made up..
Nature does not need to agree, and often doesn't. 馃榾

Scot

Registered
I can get 24-30" dumps on occasion in my areas, but at 9500 feet in Colorado it is the dry stuff (unless a spring storm.)
I cannot imagine some of the numbers I am seeing on local news channel reporting for Buffalo! And I read where this is the wet heavy stuff too!

I thought I was tough up here with our storms (and cold temps...) But in Erie county, the men gotta' be men (and perhaps some of the women too!) My hats off to y'all up there!!

Font Number

Source link:
WIVB News

Retired Moderator
It's still snowing in Buffalo! 馃槻
(I'm an hour east in Rochester, we only have a few inches here, but my wife is from Buffalo and still has friends there, so we are always "in the loop" with Buffalo.) 馃槈

The current high-point is still Orchard Park, on Buffalo's South side. (Home of the Buffalo Bills stadium! The Bills and the Browns had a game scheduled for Sunday, in Buffalo! They have moved it to Detroit)

5.5 feet in Orchard Park, with another foot forecast by tomorrow. So they will top 6 feet before its over.

Today, Saturday, the Lake effect bands are shifting to the North side of Buffalo, Niagara Falls, but its still going to snow all day today in the Buffalo region. It's not going to stop until tomorrow/Sunday.

Some photos:

Scot

Premium Member
The funny thing about all that is in a week or so it will be mostly gone. Not like here we would be looking at the crap till the end of April or early may, with what it has been like the last couple of years here. Spring did not show up till the end of may this year.馃槴馃槴馃槴馃槴馃槴

Registered
They had thunder snow too. :oops:
Everything is historic now a day, this one will go into the record books.
But what about the name? Did they give it a name?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts