Snowblower Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in Lancaster NY, just a few minutes drive north of the heaviest hit areas. First snow storm this year with the new (bought in July) Toro Snowmaster 724. It did quite well, struggled a bit the first morning (the ground still isn't frozen) with the 6-8" of slush on the bottom of the driveway, but it did the job. After that slush was gone, it chucked any additional snow without issue. We ended up with around 48" total over 2 days, much less than a few miles away,but still a good pile of snow. Here's a pic from the first morning (this all fell overnight)
Snow Building Tree House Sky

·
Premium GOT Member
10,434 Posts
I feel sorry for the shops in this area. No doubt getting slammed with service/repair requests from all the owners that waiting too long..... I just so "No, come back next spring or summer"

unless i get bored and want to work. I do help the young guys that have a snow removal business with one or two Honda's and they are just trying to feed their families. That is different.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I feel sorry for the shops in this area. No doubt getting slammed with service/repair requests from all the owners that waiting too long..... I just so "No, come back next spring or summer"

unless i get bored and want to work. I do help the young guys that have a snow removal business with one or two Honda's and they are just trying to feed their families. That is different.
Yep, and I see a lot that will be trashed and they will just buy a new one, because they need it NOW. It is a toss and buy mentality world we live in.
And it could be a simple fix.
A good time of the year to keep and eye on your local recycling yard.

A few weeks ago I saw a Honda pressure washer with an engine that looked like new. 8 horse I think it was, or 6.5 I forget now.
Looks like it needed a pump as someone tried to take it apart.
I should have grabbed it but I have too much junk right now. And 2 pressure washers. :)

Reactions: KJSeller

·
Registered
614 Posts
I'm a little bit envious of Buffalo right now, a good snowfall like that can be some fun. But I can say that because I'm retired and actually going out in it is optional, and if I want to take three days to clear the snow I can. Don't have to think about getting to work or any responsibilities like that.

Different story for those who have to work in it. Not so much fun. Been there, done that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes it is.. ;) not everywhere, but November is the 1st of five months of winter in Western NY.
The calendar, and the dates on the calendar that say when seasons start, are made up..
Nature does not need to agree, and often doesn't. 😀

Scot
I'm sure you know, the Winter Solstice is the official start of the season. We swap places with the southern hemisphere on axis tilted from the sun. They will be enjoying their upcoming Summer Solstice on the same day!

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
21 - 28 of 28 Posts