Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
I bet Ariens loves years like this. Although Minnesota is pretty devoid of snow in the Frozen Tundra. At least someone is getting snow and Ariens are selling Product to them.
with the amount of snow out east i'll bet ariens isn't the only one selling a ton of snowblowers. i'll bet that even brands like Stanley can't be found in a store

·
Registered
351 Posts
Fact. Even the Sears Craftsman my neighbor bought had to be ordered and took two weeks to come in. There are virtually no machines in stock near me, and when dealers who hedged their bets by placing orders for more in December when we had bare ground receive that order it's all pre-sold.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
I should have done what I was considering doing and bought out the Lowe's inventory near me and trailered them North. Probably could have made a nice bit of profit.

·
Account closed by member request.
9,612 Posts
I should have done what I was considering doing and bought out the Lowe's inventory near me and trailered them North. Probably could have made a nice bit of profit.
did you win a lottery somewhere. there BROTHER JOE. unless you have a BLOODY BIG PENSION.:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

·
Registered
351 Posts
There's a dealer...er, stealer up here who has an Ariens Deluxe 28 advertised on Craigslist for $2200, and it probably sold. That's at least 50% more than the list price of the most expensive one in the Deluxe line, but he probably sold it to someone ignorant, desperate, or both.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Yeah, I think this season is a turning point for many in terms of getting a machine and becoming self-sufficient. I was out two days ago helping a neighbor dig out their mailbox, it took 45 mins to find it ! Another neighbor came along and said she spent a day making calls trying to get a snow blower in the local area and came up with nothing. She said she was forced to buy a blower on Amazon. I asked her what brand she selected and she said she didn't know :eek:

The plow guys can only do so much when there's this much snow. They leave quite a mess in their wake...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Well like that fellow at the end of the video was alluding to, what was too expensive to buy in the past suddenly became a justified, necessary purchase.

Even my wife signed up to that!

·
Registered
261 Posts
In New England you basically have 2 options, Be prepared and hope for the best or roll the dice. This basically goes with all seasons. Snow removal (blower/plow), Generator, Oil, gas mowers ect ....

The only thing you can do at this point is to pay someone to come in and remove or take care of what you have.

First year in the house and I had to choose, blower or Generator.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts