Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted a thread last week. Surging idle problem on Toro CCR 2450 Gts. Thanks for responding Butch F. He replied that I bend a tab fixed to the governor with a spring to acheive desird RPM. There is a spring mounted to a black plastic part that's mounted to a wire going someplace else. The black part pivots half an inch, which in turn is causing the erratic idle. If I hold that part stationary, the machines idle redlines I did mess with the spring tension to no avail Thanks in advance for any help. Rmp

·
Registered
66 Posts
In general, hunting or surging in a small engine is caused by a fuel starvation issue or a lean fuel mix. see the attached video at the end will go into this issue with a tecumseh carb, but this is a universal problem,and most likely is at the root of your trouble.
YouTube - donyboy73's Channel

hope this helps. Larry

·
Registered
93 Posts
sounds a little strange....the black plastic part that pivots is most likely the governor vein...is the spring connected to it and then to a fixed tab?
If you could post the model # we can then look at the exploded diagram.
There should be a tag with the model # and serial #.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think it is a model #38515, but you need to verify.

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
In general, hunting or surging in a small engine is caused by a fuel starvation issue or a lean fuel mix. see the attached video at the end will go into this issue with a tecumseh carb, but this is a universal problem,and most likely is at the root of your trouble.
YouTube - donyboy73's Channel

hope this helps. Larry
That guy has a lot of helpful videos. Another nice thing about them is they aren't all jerky like a lot of videos people post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In general, hunting or surging in a small engine is caused by a fuel starvation issue or a lean fuel mix.
Clean the carb and you will be good. Messing with the governor will mess things up. You will likely make your engine throw a rod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts