Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Think that my techumseh hm80 has gone to a better place. Was cleaning out the dumping we got, stalled and could not get it to start again.... don't think the rod broke, at least it did not blow through the block if it did.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
whats the plan for repowering it

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
A moment of silence here on SBF for the passing of a good friend, the hm80. May it rest in peace in the engine here after.

Come back and let us follow you on your re-power.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May the hm80 rest in pieces hahaha. Will do my best to take pics along the way on the repower. First one I will be doing and kind of excited about doing it.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
You might still want to check compression. If the compression is still good someone else might want to buy it as then the likely culprit is spark.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Looking forward to seeing your progress Ariens 1976. Just take your time and go slow but sure. :)

May the hm80 rest in pieces hahaha. Will do my best to take pics along the way on the repower. First one I will be doing and kind of excited about doing it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are on sale right now at store level for 210.87 plus tax. All in all I shelled out 235... still not bad. As for the tec, planning on checking out everything and try to get it to work and sell it... if I don't see anything, will sell non working for some coffee money :)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I did some more digging on the Princess Auto snow blower engines and was pleasantly surprised, the engine are manufactured by Ducar a major if not the biggest small engine manufacturer in China, they supply generators for the army of China which is not a small number.
Two years ago I bought a Ducar genset 6500w and used it many times for hydro shortage and it fires up so far no fail. Just letting it known for repower wanabees.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Engine swap is going good... no pictures yet but everything is lining up except the bolts on the tractor part... will be putting up pics of the final results.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Engine swap is going good... no pictures yet but everything is lining up except the bolts on the tractor part... will be putting up pics of the final results.
So did you get the blue tank engine? And how does it work for the throttle as I read either idle or full?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup, has the blue tank. Throttle is knob having choke and 3 speed settings on it. Fuel shut off and primer bulb. Had to have a sleeve machine for the shat (to fit 1in pulley to 3/4in shaft)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts