Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1183a mv. That’s the only identification I can find. I cannot find any info online that matches this snowblower
Yard machine mtd 26” 10hp tracked blower.
I need front differential thing and the drive wheel rubber.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Fender

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually need the model number to find the right gearbox assembly. Mine exploded, also gonna get shear pins cause mine didn’t work.
Secondly, I thought it was right but the pulley that drives the wheels on metal disk. That rubber is almost fully gone.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Nobody has seen this snowblower before?
There must be some information out there
Its just another MTD... Every site has your parts. Go to the MTD site (or others) with your model number from the tag on the back end of the tractor section. The model number tag is going to look something like this:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The problem is I don’t have that tag. Otherwise I wouldn’t be asking. But if they are all the same, then thank you I’ll just run with that info

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
But if they are all the same
They are not all the same, but MTD parts are fairly ubiquitous. It would be very unusual to not have the model/serial number tag or the UPC tag. Where did you find the "1183a mv"? Without the model number it's difficult to find all the right parts; with it it's trivial.

It could be a 317E740F000, but that's only one of MANY possibilities.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are not all the same, but MTD parts are fairly ubiquitous. It would be very unusual to not have the model/serial number tag or the UPC tag. Where did you find the "1183a mv"? Without the model number it's difficult to find all the right parts; with it it's trivial.

It could be a 317E740F000, but that's only one of MANY possibilities.
okay, sadly the tag is worn off and that number is what’s left in the middle of this huge tag location.It’s like the back of the tag but the front was rubbed away. Kind of looks like a holographic sticker with those numbers in the middle. I’mguesssingit’s a number for the tag itself not the model of the machine.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
the tag is worn off and that number is what’s left in the middle of this huge tag location
It could be this one? Sold through Sam's Club in 1997... 118 is the Sam's Club retailer code for MTD.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Are there any numbers on the broken part?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
70 Posts
That looks like it could be!
You could determine the manufacture date of the Tecumseh motor from the label on the motor. It's not likely very different from the manufacture date of the snowblower. Also, searching for the model number of the motor together with "1183a" or similar might turn up a picture of the snowblower.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You could determine the manufacture date of the Tecumseh motor from the label on the motor. It's not likely very different from the manufacture date of the snowblower. Also, searching for the model number of the motor together with "1183a" or similar might turn up a picture of the snowblower.
Ohh that is a Wonderfulidea.

that’s great detectivework.
I’ll hop right in that!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts