Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings:

I have an Ariens Platiunum 24 SHO 921050 and used it for the first time on Saturday night. I do not have a mat an noticed water pooling once it was drying off in the garage. I have read the Ariens mats are not a good fit for this model so I was wondering if anyone can recommend a mat for this model or perhaps brand I should shoot for such as American Floor Mats which has a decent looking 5' x 3' mat etc.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have an Ariens Platiunum 24 SHO 921050 and used it for the first time on Saturday night. I do not have a mat an noticed water pooling once it was drying off in the garage. I have read the Ariens mats are not a good fit for this model so I was wondering if anyone can recommend a mat for this model or perhaps brand I should shoot for such as American Floor Mats which has a decent looking 5' x 3' mat etc.
I was going to purchase one as well but I ended up just using a 48" X 48" piece of 3/8" plywood with a cheap rubber-backed floor mat from Lowe's on top of the plywood.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Keep in mind that a solid mat with a lip around the edge may result in your bucket sitting in a pool of water = RUST!!!!!! I don’t use a mat (I clean most of the snow off before it goes in the garage and melts) but I keep a strip of wood on the floor so the bucket is not sitting on concrete. Metal + concrete + moisture = RUST. The added benefit with using the strip of wood with my Ariens and raising the bucket is this helps water drain out through the drain hole by the impeller.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep in mind that a solid mat with a lip around the edge may result in your bucket sitting in a pool of water = RUST!!!!!! I don’t use a mat (I clean most of the snow off before it goes in the garage and melts) but I keep a strip of wood on the floor so the bucket is not sitting on concrete. Metal + concrete + moisture = RUST. The added benefit with using the strip of wood with my Ariens and raising the bucket is this helps water drain out through the drain hole by the impeller.
Thanks for the heads up - I will try to keep it raised.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Much like CO Snow, I only use a block of wood (I believe my current scrap piece is a 1x6 at about 10" long) that I just slide underneath the scraper bar when completed. With the scraper bar on the block, the only thing touching the floor is the tires.

Snowblower sits near the garage door of my 3rd stall in the winter time so any snow/slush/water that falls off the snowblower I just shovel out and sling in the grass....along with any dirt/sand.

If I had a mat, I'd have to move that darn thing just to sweep out the dirt/sand that collects.

Steve

·
Registered
266 Posts
Any mat that allows water to drain so the snow blower rust would be fine. Make certain, though, that you clean snow from the snow blower after each use.

In my particular case I couldn't find what I wanted in the proper size so I bought 2 and attached them with twist ties.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As CO Snow had mentioned rust etc I had noticed two faint rust spots on my garage floor from where I had left my snowblower after the one time I needed to use it.

My 3'x5' ma
t arrived today and is now in place. I will also clear off as much snow as I can when I am done with the job and also look into keeping it raised after I done even though I now have a mat.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I use FH Group F16407-40 Black 40" Premium Multi-Use Cargo Tray (Car SUV and Garage Trunk Mat) from Amazon. It's not that thick and we'll see how it holds up over time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts