Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put up an add on Craigslist to sell my old snow blower, in the add I tell them about the blower, has electric start, runs well etc.

I keep the add nice and short so its an easy read.

I get 3 emails asking if it has electric start and 2 asking if it runs:confused:

Do people know how to read, not a big deal in anyway but it does make you wonder!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
LOL, I know. I have an add on Kijiji stating that " I repair GM clusters" and I get an email " How much to repair my 2005 F150 cluster?" People can't read. I should have answered $3000.

·
Super Moderator
6,670 Posts
you two could never work at my job :D

·
Registered
581 Posts
CL is flooded with people who don't read. Just the nature of the beast I guess. I put a car up once "project car, does not run, not driveable, will have to be towed home". If had a nickel for every call or message I got that said "does it run, can I test drive it"....

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
CL is flooded with people who don't read. Just the nature of the beast I guess. I put a car up once "project car, does not run, not driveable, will have to be towed home". If had a nickel for every call or message I got that said "does it run, can I test drive it"....
ROFLOL:D. This is pretty good.

·
Registered
400 Posts
No, people do not eat cheeseburgers. Oh, read. never mind.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
some of the people on craigslist are just lazy idiots who never return calls and apparently didnt go to kindergarten and learn basic reading

·
Registered
50 Posts
I worked in skilled trades for 35 years and learned a long time ago that the vast majority of people THINK they know what they are doing but in truth most of them are just plain stupid.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I put up an add on Craigslist to sell my old snow blower, in the add I tell them about the blower, has electric start, runs well etc.

I keep the add nice and short!
LOL ... It's a Craigslist ad not add ;)

·
Registered
668 Posts
Did you find the second error yet;)

I counted the second add as one btw!

I do love to however get to and too flipped around, and always want to use are when I mean our. I blame the Brits for some of this!
I'm always using "your" instead of "you're". Embarrassing when my twelve year old has to correct my grammar.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
It is a testament as to why we are no longer leading this world....

·
Registered
36 Posts
You'd think so, but no...

I keep the add nice and short so its an easy read.

I get 3 emails asking if it has electric start and 2 asking if it runs:confused:

Do people know how to read, not a big deal in anyway but it does make you wonder!
Sadly, lots of folks don't read into an ad well enough. I once sold a non-running Honda 500T on E-Bay. Paid extra for their largest font for the non-running statement which read; this unit is complete, but does not run; I will not attempt to start it, or get it running.

14 Emailed questions - all variants of "does it run?" or "what happens when you try to start it?"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts