Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
i guess if you needed a gearbox that would be cheaper than buying a new one but ****. i got a couple auger gear boxes sitting around here because i didn't really think the would sell if i listed them unless i was giving them away at which point it would be simpler to just scrap them. anyone know of any uses for an old auger gearbox?

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Gear box is actually upgraded to accept the center bracket, gearbox support bracket and augers and impeller pulley sure makes it worth $150. I’d try to get it for $100 if possible. Hey someone posted one HS624 for sale with worn down augers before, well here are good augers for it.....

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Amazing what people pull out of the local recycle that someone through out. Ours at least has good units that are recycled... lol

·
Banned
474 Posts
You fix er uppers better jump quick on this one as it won't last too much longer before turning back to dust.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
That'll all buff out.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
something like that really wouldn't be too hard to fix if you actually had access to a steel shop. i picked up a snowblower once that had all that fixed up with heavy steel and someone actually did a pretty good job. the only thing that sucked was they didn't remove all the old metal so the augers would rub again the old paper thin metal when it separated from the new metal.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
LOL ... who would put new metal and just leave the old rusty stuff ..... Oh Wait !... Al Greene along with Daryl and Daryl ... hehhhheeh

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
something like that really wouldn't be too hard to fix if you actually had access to a steel shop. i picked up a snowblower once that had all that fixed up with heavy steel and someone actually did a pretty good job. the only thing that sucked was they didn't remove all the old metal so the augers would rub again the old paper thin metal when it separated from the new metal.
Exactly. Just needs a complete rebuild. Metal, paint, and some welding be good as new.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts