Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need guidance please on how to fix this issue before i take this thing out piece by piece. I noticed a strong gas smell in the garage overnight. No gas on the floor or on the unit. However, looking very closely, i noticed a bit of liquid yud gas creeping from right under the engine bay. I lifted it to see what's going on. I can't tell why. I'm thinking of inserting a seal around it or just spray some sealant foam around the edge on the outside. Why the leak and from where? The unit is from 2011, maybe used 10 times since, no rust, no dents, belts are great, wheel chains lubed, like this unit has never been used before. I bought used (if) yesterday. It runs on first pull and with the electric starter.

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
Don't mickey mouse the leak. It can cause great harm. You need to examine the fuel tank, was the cover on correctly, then follow the fuel line from the bottom ( as strtch5881 stated) of the fuel tank, to a shutoff valve, to the carb. Either a clamp has loosen, moved, broken, or the fuel line sprung a leak, the shutoff valve is leaking, or the bowl or carb drain plug is leaking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts