Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to the group! so hello. So my engine needs replacing it is a 12D115 01 53 E8 a Horizontal Crankshaft Engine, 9.0Gross Torque, 205CC (SNOWSERIES) engine and in the manual it only list the 12D105, 12 D112 and skips the 12D115, I am wondering if anyone would know if there is a match between one of the model listed below?

I am just trying to get the specs to start looking for a replacement engine, the rings of the engine blew up (aluminum cylinder) and damaged the cylinder wall,...i.e. white smoke everywhere!

And also from there manual it seems hard to find the base mouting dimension and bolt hole spacing are they all standard size in the Snow Series?

Let me know what you guys think or advice you may have.

Jason

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Sorry If the Briggs website did not help you I am not sure where to look. If you can not find anything in writing it is easy enough and sometimes more reliable to measure what you have. All you need is a caliper or similar and tape measure. Then measure the Shaft dimensions and features, position (height to Center line), bolt pattern and you should be good to go. You alreay know what you have for power. See if you can get something a bit more powerful and not create other problems. I am sure there will be some good suggestions coming from other members. Welcome and Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The Briggs replacement engine would be a 15C114-3020. That is a 'Snow Series' engine with 11.5 gross torque.
That should be a 'Drop in' replacement.
The MSRP-Price is $849.07. That is a brand new complete engine with everything and a warranty.
The base mounting holes on that engine are 3.12 inches - 79.4 mm by 6.37 inches - 161.9 mm

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Yikes, thats a pricey engine!

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
look around and you may be surprised to find it for a lot less ......or a LCT or similar that will work for a reasonable cost.

Here are two sources to check out from time to time:

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
That's Briggs's suggested retail price from Briggs. You can get them for a lot less than that price.
Just look for the model number I gave you at some online engine retailers and you can find it for less money.

·
2,394 Posts
take note that when replacing a L head with a over head you have a motor thats crankshaft center line is lower you need the
Optional 1” Spacer, Part Number 695154 (not included with new motor ) raises the height of an OHV engine to the same height as an L-head engine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts