Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Platinum 24, model 921017, I was greasing the zerks and had one behind right wheel so I removed the clip and pulled the wheel, and the axle came off also. I can't get the axle all the way back in,need about 3/4" more
and I don't think I should beat on it too hard ,it has the ATD drive which I don't know much about. Anybody work this differential do this before that could help.
Thanks, Stan

·
Registered
77 Posts
I looked at the manual and it looks like it is possible to get the axle to slide back and forth a bit. I would lift the wheels up and try pushing the opposite axle in and see if that gets you what you need.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I agree with Flannelman prop the wheels off the ground and see if the axle can move the amount you need as there is a little play on the axle, but not much. Also, when you slide the wheel back on check that the groove on the wheel aligns with the key on the shaft. I've had my wheels off my Platinum 30 a few times but can't comprehend the axle coming off as you described/experienced since there is a roll pin preventing the axle assembly from too much movement or sliding out altogether. See the image of the ATC, it might give you an idea what might be going on under there if you didn't already get the wheel back on. Let us know how things worked out.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a simple fix for a simple problem, always check how far it goes in when it stops. Then measure the distance you are short of, then look at possible causes.
I found the problem right away,if you look at fronos image above, it's between the right housing plate and the differential. This area has a spacer bushing and gold coloured washer, and it's just a matter of moving these up and about while pushing the half shaft though. Oh well.

Thanks Guys, Stan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts