Snowblower Forum banner

Carb Dripping in Toro CCR Powerlite

6K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  ChicagoPowerlite 
#1 ·
So I had my snow blower in for a carb rebuild. When I got it back, I noticed it dripping whenever I over primed it or tipped it back. Today, I took the float and needle apart and cleaned it. It worked, but a few hours later when I tried it, it leaked about two drops. Is there anything that I should try or should I not worry about it?

#2 ·
If you prime too much, it can leak. Also check the bowl to make sure they tightened it up properly. If its tight, might be the gasket on the bowl was damaged when they reassembled it. If you paid to have the work done, you should take it up with the shop who should make good on their work.

Reactions: Kiss4aFrog
#3 ·
If it only drips with you try to start it (prime) that's considered normal. Try one less pump when you prime it.

If it's dripping while running or when sitting, engine off that's another story and something that can be and needs to be fixed.

#9 ·
CL
If you're "tipping" your snow blower, a few drips is normal. Also, as mentioned, the primer bulb will cause excess fuel to leak out...normal. If your machine is running correctly now, I would wait to see if the drips disappear. If the tank has a shutoff valve, always use it. If not, install one and use it. MH

Reactions: Kiss4aFrog
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.