Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I just inherited an Ariens snowblower that wouldn’t start. Today I pulled the engine cover off and noticed the fuel line was broken. I replaced the fuel line and cleaned the carb then put everything back together. Now I cannot get any fuel to the carb. The primer bulb has suction and appears to be in good shape. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Float inlet valve is stuck up, or gunk up in there. Remove the bowl, pull the float down, squirt carb cleaner up in there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Float was stuck. Now I’m getting fuel to the carb, but no luck starting. Checked the spark and all is good there. I’m guessing something is plugged up in carb despite my cleaning. Any other thoughts? Appreciate the help!!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Go to youtube and search on "clean ariens snowblower carburetor". You'll get a bunch of hits, pick one that is closest to your machine and follow directions. It is not that hard.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Squirt starting fluid in the carb.

Remove and clean or replace with Chinese carb. If cleaned, Welch plug needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Float was stuck. Now I’m getting fuel to the carb, but no luck starting. Checked the spark and all is good there. I’m guessing something is plugged up in carb despite my cleaning. Any other thoughts? Appreciate the help!!
Before digging into the carb, I'd use some starting fluid, or pour a little gas into the carb intake, and see if it will start for a few seconds. That will confirm you have good spark, as well as compression. Once you know it's a fuel problem, you know what you need to be chasing down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your help! For $13 I just ordered a new carb from Amazon. I’ll try that out and see if it fixes the problem.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Clean and rebuild the old carb so you have a spare if you need it. Or sell it/give it away to someone that will. Recycle those old parts. : )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts