Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some trouble locating at carb rebuild kit for my 932105.(8526) Tec engine LHE318SA.
Engine Family 4TPXS.3182BF. Tried searching by the engine number but I am not seeing it. What kit do I need and which numbers do i need to find it? This carb has no adjustment on the bottom of bowl but has the drain.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Why do you think you need a kit ? I would first take it apart, and clean everything, reassemble and run it. Most likely just some dirt/crud in the passages, and not parts needed. That's been my experience - 90% of the time.

What are the symptoms ?

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Why do you think you need a kit ? I would first take it apart, and clean everything, reassemble and run it. Most likely just some dirt/crud in the passages, and not parts needed. That's been my experience - 90% of the time.

What are the symptoms ?
90% of the time? That's low and I'm sure you are being conservative.

I agree with RIT333, a rebuild kit is seldom necessary. Take the carb apart, soaking it in a carb solution dunk tank is best, if not, use carb cleaner. You either have crude or old gas that has turned into varnish. Clean the needle valves with fine steel wool or fine sandpaper. About the only time you need a rebuild kit is for a float inlet valve that is not sealing and leaking gas, on a rare occasion new needle valves.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Its very easy to pull that apart clean it out and reinstall under 15 min if you have done it before
It would serve you well to learn how to do this as well as other things on the blower
Long before jack was buying new carbs for 12 he was cleaning them in 10 to 15 min and having it fixed 95% of the time
Here is a vid to go by very easy
Order the 12 dollar carb for backup

·
Registered
871 Posts
use a good and strong carb cleaner if its real crusty, might need to do it more than once if your new to this and miss a couple of little holes that werent cleaned.
but....a clone can be almost as cheap as a good can of carb clean, and if u get both u got really nothing to lose except the wait time for the carb to come from china.
ymmv, i needed a bowl gasket, bought a complete carb clone for my tec and the only issue i had with the clone was the gasket, was almost as bad as the 30yr old one i was replacing. and one minor issue was the 2 holes for the mounting bracket werent threaded.
both carbs run about the same especially once i cleaned the old carb thoroughly, and the cracks in the bowl gasket seal nicely once tightened up by the bowl nut.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
I have a five gallon bucket of Tecumseh Carbs that need cleaning.....I won't unless the Chinese stop selling great new carbs for $12......and I usually spend more then 15 minutes cleaning a carb...and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 times to get it right....that includes cleaning and remounting and taking apart again...........if it's an emergency...clean it if not new carb.......I always have on hand carbs for the 7 hp and for the 8-10 hp......when I run low order three of each more.

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
or do what donyboy does, use cereal box cardboard and make ur own custom gasket
That may work for the manifold gasket, but every Tecumseh carb I have been in runs a square profile rubber ring seal on the bowl, and they don't stick, so reuse easily. I can't see any good or sane way to use cardboard on the bowl . . .

·
Registered
871 Posts
or do what donyboy does, use cereal box cardboard and make ur own custom gasket
That may work for the manifold gasket, but every Tecumseh carb I have been in runs a square profile rubber ring seal on the bowl, and they don't stick, so reuse easily. I can't see any good or sane way to use cardboard on the bowl . . .
Vinny nobody thinks you meant make a carb bowl gasket out of cardboard with your with you experence
ive made gaskets out of card board myself
lol, i did say gasket. i didnt think the bowl seal would be construed as a gasket or if it was that paper would even be a workable replacement......but maybe a good quality elastic band would do in a pinch

1 - 14 of 14 Posts