Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so my Columbia snowblower was having issues and kept on shutting on during snow removal. Stupid as i was i decided i would reset the carburetor to zero and start from there? problem i dont which screw does what loll.Right now as we can see in the picture 1 in the red rectangle i assume this is my exaust well the tube if filling up with gaz when i crank the snowblower!!

Was wondering if anyone can help me by letting me know which screw does what. i am clearly getting way too much gaz.

Picture 1:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

Picture 4:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool this did help a bit.

Quick question about the chooke it has a arrow pointing up does that mean when i push the lever up the chooke is on or its off?

UP = chooke on?
Down = chooke off?

the engine only runs when the lever is in the down possition if i try to push it up the engine chokes out and dies!!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Quick question about the choke it has a arrow pointing up does that mean when i push the lever up the choke is on or its off?
UP = choke on?
Down = choke off?
the engine only runs when the lever is in the down position if i try to push it up the engine chokes out and dies!!
You answered your own question: Up=On.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
so if it starts fine with the chooke off im all good?

what would be causing the fact that it aint shooting snow very far? seems to want to dies down when the auger is working

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
The engine needs to be started and warm, choke off, before making any carburetor adjustments.

Set screws 2 & 3 about 1 1/2 turns out to start, turn slowly in, clockwise, until it bottoms lightly, just until you feel it bottoms, just, careful

Screw 1 idle adjustment, set for whatever idle you want, re-set after adjusting screws 2 & 3

Screw 2 low speed adjustment, at idle, turn screw in and out until running rough then set in the middle between the two roughness

Screw 3 high speed adjustment, put throttle on high, turn again in and out until the engine smooths out then turn out, counter clockwise, 1/4-1/2 turnwide

Put fuel stabilizer, Stabil, and carb cleaner, Seafoam, Berrymans in the gas

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
it will have its own somewhat unique starting procedure, usually a cold start takes full choke to get going, a warm start may take partial or no choke. you wont be long figuring out what works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts