Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 major questions for the forum. I will do 2 separate threads.

I just bought an old 1132 for $200. The guy had rebuilt the tranny. It started and ran for about 30 seconds and then just poured fuel out of the bottom of the carb. I bought a rebuild kit but have never seen such a beast as this carburetor. I am looking for some advice as to removing and rebuilding it.

Was hoping to find a suitable replacement carburetor off ebay, but no such luck. Looks like I can't even get an OEM.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Pull off the float bowl. the float is either shot but more likely the needle valve the regulates fuel into the float bowl is stuck in the down/open position and the float can't move it up to stop the fuel.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, I just put a new carburetor kit in. New needle valve new gaskets new tube jet... Put it back together open up the gas valve and within 15 seconds gas started flowing out of the bottom of the carburetor. Took the carburetor off tipped it upside down and blew into the gas intake. the valve is working it stops air flow until I tip it right side up. it's a brass float... Do you think the brass float could be bad? I don't know what else it could be.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay... Got my new carburetor today and installed it. It doesn't leak. However, once the RPMs pick up it accelerates way too high and doesn't seem to govern properly. I noticed that the rod from the governor to the butterfly valve is custom made from what looks like a 12 gauge piece of copper wire. I'm wondering if anyone has a diagram of how the governor and rod and spring should be set up?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Hello Did you mark the placement of the linkage/s. The choke or throttle linkage to govenor placement could be wrong or maybe the throttle plate is sticking.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Most likely the float isn’t pushing the needle up against o-ring.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Time for a carb clean/rebuild

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hello Did you mark the placement of the linkage/s. The choke or throttle linkage to govenor placement could be wrong or maybe the throttle plate is sticking.
If you have the original carb, then you might be able to tell what whole in the throttle plate the governor linkage was attached. It should have slightly rounded edges or minor oval shape from usage.

If not you can download a RPM app like “Engine RPM” and loosen the governor and then adjust to spec at full throttle.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Hello If you have the pictured carb in video the seat should be cleaned or better a new one installed. If it’s a brass seat it has to go in kinda precisely as directed in the instructions. It indicates level with where it inserts but you should keep checking it with needle on float to get it to right level.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts