·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 2450 has a tecumseh motor and i think the 2500 has a briggs motor
Thanks William add says 2 stroke...Briggs Two Stroke would be rare. Might be a Techy 5hP? I've asked the seller.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
if you can get the model number you can look it up on toro's website but briggs did make two stroke motors for toro

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you can get the model number you can look it up on toro's website but briggs did make two stroke motors for toro
Great minds...i was on the toro website. Model 38420 which is 1997 and it has the Tecumseh Hsk850.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are cool engines but i REALLY am looking for a R-Tek duraforce based engine. I have a bunch of experience with these engines on My Tractor Forum and would like to have that power for Snow throwing. I usually upgrade the pilot jet to the briggs pilot 42# and wire drill the main jet to #68 which takes care of any surging and really ups the power....

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
That's a real clean unit. Sweet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
5,201 Posts
i agree i am waiting for seller to respond.:eek:
I'd try to get him down a little on that price. I think it's a little steep. Just my humble opinion.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
I'd try to get him down a little on that price. I think it's a little steep. Just my humble opinion.
$150 is not a bad price, i would pay it
thanks for the info on the carb rejetting GTP

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$150 is not a bad price, i would pay it
thanks for the info on the carb rejetting GTP
Detdr..how do you think this unit would hold up to a 6 car plus drive parking lot and a residential home? Should I save and look for a snow commander or a CCR3650..? I had a bead on a nice snow commander but it sold hours before I could get there.

Or how about the new toro 721's.?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts