Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Platinum 24. Went to change skids. Rear bolt on left side was stuck. Had to tap it out (in). Bolt won’t go back in. Hole is partially blocked by the inner panel (sorry. don’t know correct term) Ideas? Talk slow :wink2: as I don’t know what I’m doing. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
:welcome: aboard! From the great state of NY. That seems strange that the auger bucket side panel is blocking the hole. I know posting pics would be extremely helpful in getting this resolved for you but it is often a problem for new members. I am not sure if you tried fo do this already. Is there anyway you can clear the area without damaging the unit, maybe use a Dremel if you have one or be careful,with a drill bit to clear the area enough to get the bolt back in. If the metal is bent and blocking the hole you can try sheet metal vise grips to try and straighten it back into place. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Just take a file and make a few passes to get the openings to "agree" to accept the bolt.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Is it blocked by the rear scrapper bar? If so you can loosen all of the scrapper bar bolts to get the hole to line up.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Pics would help ... maybe try another bolt? persuade it with a drill? etc., etc..... Many ways to get it back on if we knew what the situation is.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s the end tab on the scraper bar. Don’t know how it got tweaked. Machine pulls to the left. I wonder if the skid wasn’t flush because the bolt wasn’t fully seated so the skid was at an angle. I’ll get it, but should the scraper bar and the bucket be flat on the ground and then raise everything with the skid plates, or should the scraper bar be set to raise the bucket a little? Thanks

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I like the bucket about 1/2" or more above the scraper bar. The scraper is relatively inexpensive and easy to replace, and the bucket is expensive and hard to replace.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts