Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how hard is it to change tires on a snow blower? I have watched youtube videos on this and was wondering if anybody has had experience with this. Let me know, Thanks!:)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
It is not overly difficult if you have the right tools as a foot long large flat screwdriver and some dishwasher liquid mixed with some water and lastly a small 5 lb steel mallet.
First with air all gone by unscrewing air valve completely, then with the mallet your have to hit the tire so it gets unsticked from the rim, then use your screwdriver to pry the tire from the rim.
Is the reason you want to remove the tire because it is damaged?
But if you ask me it is much simpler to bring the wheel(s) to a tire shop and they will do everything in a few minutes.
Good Luck

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I wanted to do was install a inch or 2 larger tire like the x-trac from Carlisle. The tire I have is a 4.10-6NHS

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I replaced a tire on an older Ariens this summer.
I'll tell you it was way harder then I thought it would be. Lots of prying and muscle work and I had a good selection of prybars to choose from

·
Retired Moderator
4,160 Posts
I changed the tires on mine with some soapy water and a couple prybars. It wasn't too bad, just messy with all the soapy water and trying to hold them with the knees. Just make sure you don't pinch the tubes putting the new ones on. Also, best to go with the 90 degree bent valve stems instead of the straight ones.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I think a lot has to do with how old and stiff the tires are as well as the size you are dealing with. My sucess to date has been limited.

Pete

1 - 7 of 7 Posts