Snowblower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Welcome to SBF bgg1

Given all that, I don't think the 28" is worth an extra grand, but is the 30" Deluxe a good option, or would I be better off picking up a 28 or 30 SHO elsewhere and use the Lowe's money for something else?
If it's not much of a slope I think a wheeled machine would do just fine. As for going to Lowe's that depends on what kind of a deal you might find online or at a dealer or if you'd prefer to get something other than the Deluxe.
IF ... you go with Lowe's, I'd recommend the Deluxe 30 because of the larger engine than the 28". https://www.lowes.com/pd/Ariens-Del...teering-Headlight-s-Heated-Handles/1000102383

I'd like to have the 414cc Platinum 30" myself. Ariens 921051 Platinum 30 SHO 30" 414cc Two-Stage Snow Blower
The deluxe is good with the 306cc but when you need more power it's nice to have it.

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Welcome to SBF Groucho

Hi there..Good for you you found this forum. After years and years of smaller blowers I decided to treat myself to the Ariens 28" Professional. 2,300 later and although it tosses lots of snow the Autoturn is horrible. I too have a circular drive and find myself wrestling it the whole turn. It is either engaged or not and I wish I never bought it. I called Ariens and after speaking to 3 people they wouldn't offer any help ot even a 34$ part to see if it worked. Ariens? NEVER AGAIN...I'll buy a Cub Cadet next time
Maybe starting a tread of your own and asking for help with your autoturn problem would be a step in the right direction. Seems most people with Ariens like their machines (Like me).

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
I've been negligent in my research due to a lack of snow, and just saw this post. Are you saying that Lowe's can get any model or only the ones they show on their site even if not available at the moment?
IMHO your best bet is to call your local Lowe's and ask them. Ask for a manager and pose the question. If the person sounds doubtful you can always try the next closest Lowe's for a second opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts