Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My chute discharge cable broke. I am not a mechanic and have learned to take pictures of items as I go along. Apparently I have not learned where i put them. I have a Gas powered 2 stage snowblower That is certified and imported thru Cdn Tire which will be the last one. The motor is PowerSmart. Does anyone know where I can find a more detailed drawing of how the cable should be routed up where the handle is to control the chute? Would be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Searching your other posts, I think you have Model 060-0184-8 (would be helpful for you to add model info to new threads).

If so, your Operators Manual is here: https://www.canadiantire.ca/content/dam/canadian-tire/manuals/0600184_EN_FR.pdf - It is one of those horrible half-upside-down bilingual manuals, though.

Looking at the diagram on page 9/10, it looks like the chute deflector control uses a rigid rod, not a cable? Perhaps you actually have a different model number? What is the Part Number for the cable you're replacing? Maybe that will help locate useful instructions.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
OK, more searching here: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/certified-212cc-2-stage-snowblower-24-in-0600184p.html
shows that this model has a chute discharge cable (manual picture is wrong) and the pictures on the site show how it should be routed up to the control panel. Read the reviews! Many people had that cable break. Some simply returned the blower to Canadian Tire for a refund.
It shows a 2-year service warranty through CT as well. I would sure want to return it, though!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Chute Cable machine is model #060-0184-8

Hello: it is a cable and not a rod as shown in the manual. I wish I could find the pictures. I have learned to take pictures of items so I know how to put it back together. Now I have to learn to not lose thank pictures

Thank you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is called a chute wire Product # G47m-CTC-303200117. I know how it comes up to the handle but from there is were I get lost on how it should be routed

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Usually, the ball or cylinder on the end of the cable slides into a hole on the handle extension from the side, with the wire going through a slot that's not aligned with the cable's final position. Then, there should be either two nuts or one nut and a stop on the cable and the cable mount at the bottom front of the control panel has a slot that goes between those two items on the cable sheathing end. Lock it in place with the nut(s) and Bob's your uncle!

Send pictures of the cable end and the lever extension and cable mount if you're still having problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My chute discharge cable broke. I am not a mechanic and have learned to take pictures of items as I go along. Apparently I have not learned where i put them. I have a Gas powered 2 stage snowblower That is certified and imported thru Cdn Tire which will be the last one. The motor is PowerSmart. It is a model #060-0184-8. I can't figure out how it attaches at the handle control. I can't afford to take it to a snowblower fix-it shop and thought it would be an easy fix. The manual shows a stiff rod and I have phoned the company that handles iit for Cdn Tire and they do not have a better drawing than the one in the manual. Please help it is getting warmer in Manitoba which means possible snow. The part they sent me was # G47M-CTC-303200117 Chute Pull Wire

Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
...I can't figure out how it attaches at the handle control...The part they sent me was # G47M-CTC-303200117 Chute Pull Wire
I'm assuming your picture shows the original cable end... Position the cable end as shown in red and then it should pull straight out towards the viewer. You may need to unbolt the lever for clearance, but likely not. The new cable goes in the same way, then the sheath end goes into the hole marked with the green arrow. Send a picture of the end of the sheath if you need more help...

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts