Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's amazing how many machines are for sale now. New stuff, old stuff, a bit of everything. The number of offerings is growing every day in my area. Looks like a great time to scoop up that spare machine :cool:

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
I've noticed the same thing!

"This snowblower just got me through a season of record snowfall... I think I'll get rid of it!" :confused::confused:

·
Registered
407 Posts
same here- this happens every year, but seems the areas (like here) that got less snow fall the numbers are more so.

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
some just don't want to store a snowblower all summer and others are willing to chance that they won't need a snowblower next winter

·
Registered
864 Posts
It's amazing how many machines are for sale now. New stuff, old stuff, a bit of everything. The number of offerings is growing every day in my area. Looks like a great time to scoop up that spare machine :cool:
people who see their neighbors clearing the driveway with a snowblower, convince themselves they can do that too...they buy a machine, use it a few times, it has a few problems like clogging up with slush, getting a rock or newspaper stuck in it, then it won't start, and they also find out running a snowblower is a nice winter exercise workout in the outdoors, and turning a machine takes some upper body strength, then the wind blows the snow back on you at times, turning the operator into a walking snowman...then it may get stuck or stall, and be hard to restart, or get unstuck...and God forbid it fouls a plug, or breaks a drive belt...

and they sell it.

that's what I like about snowblowers....usually it separates the men from the boys...:D

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"This snowblower just got me through a season of record snowfall... I think I'll get rid of it!" :confused::confused:
LOL. I know! it's crazy....

I'm trying to figure out how I can justify picking something up :rolleyes: CL is flooded with new listings in the past couple of days.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
it may get stuck or stall, and be hard to restart, or get unstuck...and God forbid it fouls a plug, or breaks a drive belt...
Or they don't realize the motor would last a whole lot longer if they put oil in it... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
SNOW BLOWER SCUMBAGS - $666

IF YOU BUY A CRAFTSMAN 29 9 HP GREEN........AND ITS MINE EVEN IF YOU DIDNT STEAL IT...........I WILL LASH YOU TO A TOWER..............AND PEEL YOUR SKIN LIKE AN APPLE.....LOL.LOL.LOL.........YES A DELICIOUS APPLE MMMMMMMMMMMM...

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Obviously a follow-up to this:

SCUMBAG WHO STOLE MY SNOW BLOWER - $666 (U KNOW)

IM STILL HUNTING YOU .............ONLY GOD WILL PROTECT YOUR WIFES UNBORN FETUS

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Yep, Joe. He definitely has his panties in a wad..

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
now watch someone pop-up in the Craftsman forum showing-off his "New to Me" 29" 9Hp Green Craftsman :)
Another good line! You guys are crackin' me up.:D

·
Registered
891 Posts
there was one really egregious Ariens 10000 series specimen on Boston CL listed for $499 where the handlebars had been spraybombed with silver paint and badly painted at that(the tractor half had overspray).

it was listed all winter until very recently. i hope the guy gave up.

·
Registered
864 Posts
SNOW BLOWER SCUMBAGS - $666

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Obviously a follow-up to this:

SCUMBAG WHO STOLE MY SNOW BLOWER - $666 (U KNOW)

see what happens when one lusts for shiny new paint, and is trendy, keeping up with the Jones' ??

now, if he had a rusty, 40 year old Cub Cadet, Snowbird, Ariens, Gilson, AMF, etc....guess what...

he could leave them outside in the front yard, nobody would steal them.:D:cool:

and he wouldn't have to risk jail time for seeking revenge...

now if that was a Chinese made snowblower, might be the best thing that happened to him...:D

I knew a guy who used to live in Detroit, he used to put aluminum cans on top of his garbage bags outside, and people used to steal the bag of garbage, to get the cans...so this amounted to free trash collection for a while. Until they figured out, the whole bag wasn't filled with cans anymore...he just put a few cans on top to trick them into taking the whole bag. then they stopped taking them.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I had been watching CL on a regular basis for a long time and snagged a great deal. It's a 2 yr old Ariens Deluxe 28 in PRISTINE condition. Neither my friend nor I could believe the great condition. The skid shoes still had the paint on the bottom. The owner was moving to Florida. It retailed for $1000 and I got it for $450. Works great.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts