Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got This Clean 2 Yr Old Husqvarna 27" Machine Today. PO did an Oil Change, and Didn't Tighten the Drain Plug.....Predator Swap Went Without a Hitch. Tested it, and it Works Great!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 212 Has Plenty of Power. The Test Run Threw it 25 Feet. Downside is No Alternator for Headlight and Grips. NBD.

·
Registered
891 Posts
They do not.

You *can* add charging coils to a 212cc Predator, but you'd also have to replace the flywheel with one that has magnets from a different clone engine.

The non-hemi and hemi versions require different flywheels, so caveat emptor.

You can google the how-to steps by using "adding charging coil to a predator" -> the first hit has good pics.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Machine looks great! The Predator looks good on it, like stock. I'm a little surprised it throws so well with the little 212cc on a 27", but if it works, it works!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Good to know there's a simple $100 HF repower option for this machine. I use the lights (no choice really...) but haven't bothered to turn the heated grips on yet. I'd likely add a small battery pack to run the lights before I started pulling the engine apart for charging coils.

Did you make any mods to [eliminate] the air filter? How about the cooling shrouds and the like that make the LCT a "winter" engine?

The streak of Tim Allen in my says that there's got to be a bigger engine option, with bigger drive pulleys so it will scoot a little faster, jump higher and throw farther. Not the 26hp V-twin. Somewhere in between... ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts