Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what some use to clean off the snow from their machines after using them? My old machine I just used a old corn broom,but wondering if that will actually scratch the paint on my new snothro.i store it in a un heated garage,so if it's below freezing the snow won't melt off it on its own.

·
Retired Moderator
9,915 Posts
I use an old automotive scarper brush that the scraper broke on. Has fairly soft plastic bristles and will get into smaller places a floor broom won't.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Heated garage. ..

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
I just use a regular car snow brush then put a small heater about a foot from the bucket for an hour or two.
Unfrozen and good to go for next round.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,205 Posts
I just use a regular car snow brush then put a small heater about a foot from the bucket for an hour or two.
Unfrozen and good to go for next round.
Same here with the heater. I don'r want the auger or impeller freezing and locking up.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I been using an old corn broom on my MTD for years and haven't noticed any scratches from it but I've always thought it had a pretty tough paint job on it for a cheap blower. It's old enough now I really don't care. I've always rinsed it off before storing it for the summer.

My new 721 has more plastic on it so I will use a softer brush on it, I'm pretty sure the corn broom would leave scratches on the plastic cover. It seems to be the same type plastic as my Toro mower's cover and it is all scratched up due to mowing next to the bushes.

Main thing here is to make sure all the moving parts are still moving after you clean it. I've never had anything freeze up to to the point it wouldn't work the next use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts