Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you Guys are near Beantown?
I'm just north of Town in Peabody.
Man I have a shitload of snow and more on the wayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
It's winter and only mid February, your winters end mid march, ours last til late april. We have received 170 cms (5'8") so far this month and an other 60cms (2 feet) on the way this weekend.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Loads of Massholes here! MetroWest, myself.

I've seen bigger (single event) snow falls in other years, but the cumulative amount right now is impressive !

·
Registered
261 Posts
Im in Central MA, Work in Brighton

JnC - I am assuming that is you selling the Honda motor on Craigslist....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Franklin checking in

lot of snow blowing in the last three weeks - another foot on it's way

also sold a single stage honda last week in about two minutes on CL paid $80.00 back in march and sold it for 125 so not too bad

·
Registered
147 Posts
Western MA here the last exit on MA pke! Hinsdale MA about 10 miles to the NY border. We usually get more snow then you kids in Boston but I think this year you will beat us. I have many friends that live in Boston and you guys have a mess.

Simplicaty Pro 1524 (2008)
Toro Powershift 1132 (can't recall the year off hand) but it's a beast I love it!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Heya Rosco....I used to be a masshole but now I'm up over the Cow Hampshire line on the coast. I do make it back to NBPT every few weeks or so and every few months I'll venture down to HF Danvers and the N.Shore Shopping Center in your neck of the woods.

You sure are correct, we got enough snow right already but here comes some more. Freaking cold too! I got some toe-warmers and handwarmers so I can enjoy it more. :cool:

My machine is checked over and ready too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Woburn here! good year to have purchased new toro 826oxe everyone hates me.everybody said I was a fool ,buying a
snow blower in November. LOL

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I don't live there but I have delivered something to 95% of the places listed so far.

As the cost of trucking to the northeast is high, our company farms a lot of it out to outside trucks.
I do get up to Ayers once a month or so, deliver Methanol to Splash for windshield wiper fluid. Over in Leominster there is another windshield wiper plant that uses it too.
Lately I have been running to PA and south. Which I don't mind as the run up to Beantown areas is bumper to bumper up and back! We used to go up around Boston almost everyday of the week back before the big dig project. I remember the time when hazmats traveling rt 93 had to take a hazmat route right through the heart of Boston. That was real safe.:rolleyes: Now you don't want to drive anywhere near Boston with hazmats. To deliver to say, Chelsea, Revere or to someplace like Malden you have to drive all the way around on 128 and come back down.
Sucks with all the extra driving and traffic! Most of the places up there that used chemicals have moved away. We do have a division up in Tewksbury, they handle a lot of the work up there which is nice.
I got nothing against the Boston area but the drive up and back to Jersey is a bumper to bumper nightmare even on a nice day.
Add snow on the road and is is one big headache by the time you get back, if you get back! Nothing moves!

Pathfinder, we used to have a tank truck delivery of solvents at least once a week, sometimes twice to CAI in Danvers. A good customer for many years. Were you in the area in 2006 when they blew up the peninsula there?

They are dumping snow into the ocean!:eek:
I can see the environmentalists protesting now.:rolleyes:
Don't they know that when all that snow starts to melt one way or the other it will end up in the ocean?:rolleyes:

What a mess up there, and more is coming today or tomorrow!

Me.........I am still waiting for some snow to try my Snow Bird out. What we have had so far gets mixed with rain and turns to a slushy mess. Then we have been getting the cold front after it turns to slush and it freezes solid.

All I want is 5 or 6 inches of snow to blow.
It looks like I might have to wait till next year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Warren, RI but I can see Swansea,Mass and Fall River,Mass outside my window. Looking like another 10" of wind-blown powder tonight/ tomorrow. My 1984 Honda HS70(Tracked) hasn't let me down yet this winter but I'm pushing the limits of it making paths through the yard with 20-30" of packed snow and a 1/2" layer of glaze ice in the middle.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts