Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It,s -27 C where I live now thats the same as -17 F for you Americans. crap ,its cold, I hope the snowblower starts up ok.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Honey, gotta borrow the electric blanket for a few hours... you'll be fine.

·
Registered
261 Posts
SPeaking of this, anyone have an electric jacket??

·
Registered
225 Posts
Had a 44 watt Widder vest I used back in the winter motorcycling days.. that helped. Battery powered is generally going to be lower wattage and shorter run time than wired, though battery technology is getting better.

Wonder how many watts some of the bigger blowers could spare. An on-board battery would help if you wanted to go for heated vest, grips, etc

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sunday is going to be pretty cold here in CT. I'm hearing wind chills in the negative 20's. 19*F for the high, -5 for the low... jease... I'm going to shack up with the SWMBO as much as a I can ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
we warmed up into the low 20's yesterday

·
Registered
657 Posts
I am TIRED of the cold as well :mad: and I am running low on tow warmers :mad:

It is the kind of weather where synthetic oil is your friend.. and the weather man is becoming the enemy. I know... they are only the messenger... just sayin '

·
Registered
248 Posts
39 and sunny right now. feels like 70 after the last couple weeks. blew 5" this morning and was sweating like a pig with all the layers of clothes i havnt taken off in two weeks.. going back to low teens and single digets tomorow.

·
Registered
225 Posts
39 and sunny right now. feels like 70 after the last couple weeks. blew 5" this morning and was sweating like a pig with all the layers of clothes i havnt taken off in two weeks.. going back to low teens and single digets tomorow.
Sounds like our weather (nnorthern NJ).. 4"' of slop with a crust this morning. Cleared as much as possible, because whatever is left will freeze solid tomorropw (low of 3f mon night).

One more week and it will be march, with the worst (for us) behind us.. I always considered daylight savings time to be the unofficial start of spring. Even if it snows big, it won't last for long.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Maybe while it's warm you could take all those layers you've been wearing for two weeks straight off and give them a wash :rolleyes::rolleyes:;):p:p:D:D
Was warm here today , 30 felt nice :cool:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hit the mid 30's here today. Compared to what we been seeing it felt like freaking august.

Supposed the be -14f and windy tomorrow night.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This huge pressure crack formed on the lake in front of my house, I have been here 12 years and have never seen anything like this. has to do with the extreme and long lived cold we have in past few months. look how thick the ice is.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Wow nice photo! Should be amongst the best in its category on magazines like National Geographics, good shot.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts