Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've got some realy great machines here in the U.S. and Canada, but there's no denying that other countries outside North America get a lot of snow, and have some machines for handling it that we here just plain drool over and wish we could get.

So, knowing that once you get on something like Youtube, you just can't stop, or for those auction and sale site finds from elsewhere, as a break from moving snow and fixing stuff, post 'em up here for our viewing pleasure.

Here's a couple from Japan where they obviously get a lot of snow and have some really cool machines for handling it.

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Those are sure some neat machines but I'm very happy I don't have to deal with all that snow. Thanks for the vids.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow the height of that bucket in that first video was very impressive. Just eating it up.

Wonder what that little colorful bag contains hanging from the back of the machine in front of the operator....

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
Those are sure some neat machines but I'm very happy I don't have to deal with all that snow. Thanks for the vids.
I agree with joe

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Wow the height of that bucket in that first video was very impressive. Just eating it up.

Wonder what that little colorful bag contains hanging from the back of the machine in front of the operator....
The bag probably contains snacks and some type of beverage. I'm thinking some Bonito flakes and to drink, Suntory Bikkle or Skal Premium Mango soda.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Would love to have the yanmar. Hope I never have enough snow here to warrant having one.

·
Registered
225 Posts
+1 on the bag containing the guy's lunch / snacks / etc.

I really liked the headlight aimed where the chute is throwing so he can see what he is burying.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Cost of those Blowers would be like buying a car, and where does one keep it? I am guessing it would need at least 1 ft. or more to blow.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Cool operators panel on that Yanmar 4440. I guess I could figure it out, but I'm kinda use to the rabbit and turtle symbols we use over here in North America.
I usually set it to rabbit for the deep stuff.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,669 Posts
I wish I could buy a cool machine like geno's :D

·
Registered
53 Posts

now that's the doting wife packing the lunch in grammy's wool bag- Couple tall Sapporo's I'd reckon, nice and cold when the jobs done! :D

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
All these machines are missing a cab. Especially that 4440, the size of those tracks could easily handle the weight of an operator. Could even put a 12v tea/coffee pot in it.

I'm a former US Army tanker, and those things impress me. But why walk when you could ride in a mid sized tractor with a hydro unit?

Especially when you know that you are dealing with the amounts that are presented. Why?

·
Retired Moderator
3,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I've seen that on the Honda Worldwide site and asked it they'd be coming to North America, but alas, no. I would imagine that those would chew through EOD stuff pretty well and help keep the auger from climbing.

·
Super Moderator
9,892 Posts
It would be nice it worked to keep it from climbing. I think I'd want to make sure it made it a couple years out there in the real world to prove itself as it just looks expensive to repair if it goes. I'm sure they tested the heck out of it but ...

I'm guessing they stole that idea and the engineering from Volvo (Penta). :facepalm_zpsdj194qh

·
Registered
666 Posts
I watched just about all of these videos and what I learned and noticed is that they are great videos to show that you do have to move SLOWLY with the machine to handle all of the snow going in to the machine. Unreal what they take in and how far they throw. Amazing.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts