Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know the correct spark plug for an Ariens 922002 snow blower. Currently has an NGK BM6A plug.Also any special grade of oil.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I do not like multi-viscosity oil blends.

A straight 10 weight detergent oil is always good and will let the snow mule start easier in the coldest temperatures-ME I use my kerosene fire space heater to heat everything up before I start it but that's me.

Use the plug type you have as it is ment for that engine model. Spark plugs come in many grades and sizes and temperature ranges. I have a huge(long) igniter spark plug for my space heater.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
You look up the correct spark plug from the engine model that is on your snowblower.

I use only synthetic oil in my snowblowers, doesn't matter what weight. It turns over easier using synthetic.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all who replyed.Called a dealer who sells ariens told me to look at number stamped on a tag.Some numbers not stamped very clear called me back in 10 minutes took him a little searching came up with autolite 458 which cross references to NGK BR2LM,Champion J19LM and about 20 other numbers.Even differrent numbers from same manufactuer.Can get kind of tough with out the owners manual

1 - 7 of 7 Posts