Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got these 2 Freebies Yesterday From a Neighbor.. Greyhound Engine was missing Recoil, had Bad Gas, and Throttle Butterfly was Stuck Open. Got it Running, but will Part it Out, as the 2 Hard to Find Friction Springs are Bringing Good Coin these Days. Second One was Seized, but I freed it up. It is Missing the Auger Gearbox and Impeller. I'll see if I can Get it to Run this afternoon.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Cranman...Actually just Got the Other one Running. Runs Strong, with Good Compression, and has a (Black)Replacement Block. Just Add Auger....

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wasn't a "Hard" Seize. Just had Been Sitting for Years in a Shed. Oil Looked Good, I pulled the Plug, shot in some PB Blaster, and Put Large Vicegrips on the Pulley.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Wasn't a "Hard" Seize. Just had Been Sitting for Years in a Shed. Oil Looked Good, I pulled the Plug, shot in some PB Blaster, and Put Large Vicegrips on the Pulley.
Had a Tec the same way a while back, Sat too long and the gas I drained I think had 2 stroke oil in it so may have dried up on the cylinder walls, PB blaster and a breaker bar with th a socket and it started moving back and forth until it moved slowly like going through mud then freed up, That thing ran great after that and was a first pull start after too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts