Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for info on a 536-90505 or comparable snowblower shift handle controls. Trying to find a picture of the underside of the gear shifter on the handlebars. I downloaded the manual from Sears but the images are poor quality and the one I'm rebuilding was badly taken care of.

Far as I can tell, looks like there should be some form of springs and keepers to hold the machine in gear once that's selected and I'm unable to figure out what's missing. Looks like you move the shifter into the selected gear range then pull the handle down to engage the gear, this is a friction disc snowblower.

I think I have most of the parts but I think something is missing. If anyone has this snowblower or close and can post or email me a picture of the underside of the gear shifter on the handlebars, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Paul

·
Super Moderator
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Followup

Just an update. I couldn't find out enough info to make it factory so I made my own parts to hold tension on the friction wheel and controls. Took a couple of attempts but so far it's looking very promising. I have a few more parts to finish off on the motor then it's time to test it out. Keeping my fingers crossed but so far it's looking good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts