Snowblower Forum banner

Craftsman 9.5 auger belt

2K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  38racing 
#1 ·
My old auger belt was slipping so I purchased a new by taking the old in to the dealer . Installed new belt ,still slipping - I have maxed out the adjustment rods etc . There seems to be no adjustment available on the idler wheel of this unit
I have come to the conclusion , purchase a smaller belt . My dealer is not user friendly so . How do I measure the belt so I may source a smaller belt . Or is there a location for further adjustments on this unit
Any help would be appreciated
regards
Terry

#9 ·
even just a quick picture of the machine would help. there is at least 4 or 5 different companies that have made craftsman snowblowers over the years and for some reason Canadian model numbers are pretty much useless

you click this icon to ad pictures.
Rectangle Line Triangle Font Parallel

#14 ·
The tires/rims on the machine have been installed on the wrong side. Move the right side over to the left side and the left to the right .
The point of the "V" in the tread should be pointing to the front of the machine.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

#23 ·
Update: Your machine might be the 408007 belt. Add 532 in front for AYP / Husqvarna part #. It is the same as the 532-408010.
that looks like it is likely the belt needed. hopefully he can find a local husqvarna dealer that has one since most of the online listings are at least $50 and that doesn't include tax or shipping. funny enough mtd may have the belt cheapest

#26 ·
canadian tire doesn't show the part number needed in stock. it may be best to call up a husqvarna dealer to see if they have one. they do show a 5/8"x37" belt listed on their website but there is a good likelyhood this is the wrong belt and is too short. this belt would likely work in a pinch if you had a snow storm coming in and needed your machine but a belt that is too short will usually cause the auger to continually run which can be dangerous.
That's why I order a few belts from vbeltguys.com at one time. The two belts for my machine are around $8 each. They work great and seem to be holding up well (if I ever get some snow to really test their longevity) .
they don't look like they have the belt needed in stock and even if they did shipping would likely be super expensive. it is rare to find a company that will ship silly stuff like belts or small parts to Canada for a reasonable price. there is clips i need to put badges on my dart. $22US to ship parts that maybe take up the space about 1/4 the size of a cd case and weighs almost nothing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.