Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited a snow blower from my parents this fall but i need to get the shifter reattached. I have no idea what happened or what is needed to attach it..right now its just dangling there..I've attached a pic and video if that helps..Looks like there would be a bolt and nut of somekind to attach it to the main body at th back but I'm guessing its something particular i need....thanks in advance!

Shifter help - YouTube

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Simply fix, bolt, a nylock nut, and two washers.

If you want to take it up a notch, add a nylon sleeve to prevent the threads from eating into the other parts.

You could go to Sears, and order the factory replacement, or at least look at the exploded diagrams to verify the parts needed. But in all honesty, it will take you longer to drive to the hardware store, then fix this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks!...i've also managed to locate a manual since posting this..In there it shows a spring being used...do i need to use one ? isnt that what allows the shifter to move in and out of the grooves?

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Yep, afraid you might, to keep her in gear. I would look up the specs, either on-line or the manual, and go to the local hardware store.

If you had an old valve spring laying around, you might be able to use it.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts