Snowblower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Does the engine have electric start? If so, does it plug-in, or is it battery? If it's battery, I've heard people sometimes mention chute motors not working properly until the battery is charged (on other machines).

Things to check:
- any fuses for the chute motor? If so, is the fuse intact? (showing electrical continuity across the fuse itself, after removing the fuse, and checking it with a multimeter).
- any wires loose/disconnected?
- is the motor getting voltage when the switch is activated? If you can't check at the motor, then at least check at the output from the switch.
- you can also make sure the motor can be rotated by hand, to make sure it isn't rusted stuck, etc. Then I'd also check whether the motor can spin when it's not trying to drive the chute.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Do you have a meter? It's either mechanical or electrical. If it's electrical, you need to have a meter to track it down.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If it is anything like the Simplicity electric chute , you may want to start your troubleshooting at the switch. I always keep 2 spare switches on hand. I am on the 3rd switch but the original motor. Hopefully Sears fused their electronics and did not use diodes to blow like Simplicity.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Glad you found it. I surfed for the model and found it at green tree under murray as sears said bad number. Lucky for you as switch was $33 OR MOTOR $187! Keep a hammer in the car if you go through the ice or catch fire as those wonderful power windows and locks may not let you out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts