Snowblower Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't know what is going on but I answered this thread a couple of days ago but I don't see my post anymore. Reposting.

My small TracDrive is completely different than yours. On my larger machine, the spring hooks in the end of this arm. Don't know if this helps. The photo is taken from the left hand side of the machine looking down [straight down is toward the upper left corner.]
DSC00012 (2).JPG

In the parts breakdown you posted the spring is number 24 and shows as still available as a superseded Murray part
53704MA

Reactions: captchas

·
Retired Moderator
9,969 Posts
Welcome to SBF Desez2tPunk
The problems you're running into are why you found such a good deal. Sorry, I've been there too myself too many times.
The spring was likely a replacement and stretched to fit. When your machine goes down in the middle of a storm it's usually easier to go to the box store and find something you can make fit rather than wait days or weeks to have the correct part shipped out. Hopefully you can find a closer match. It will also be nice if someone can get you a photo of the anchor point for that spring. It looks like the correct spring 53704MA is $7-12 depending on where you source it.

If the pulley is wobbling there are a couple of possible causes. The most likely IMHO is the bearing between the pulley and the drive plate. If you pull that belly pan off and can reach around to wiggle the pulley and watch the drive plate, if it wiggles than it's likely the bearing.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts